How to send keystrokes and commands to a background window ?

Hello,

I'm quite new to AutoIt and I don't know if it is possible to do what I want. Here is my problem : I need to automate some tasks for a computer & screen installed beside the reception in my office building. So I don't want people to see the windows where AutoIt work. Is it possible to send keystroke or commands to a window in the background (and not only the activated window). I searched a reply to my problem inside the AutoIt documentation and wiki without any success.

Thanks for your help. :D

I tried to use ControlSend, but I was unable to get any control ID with AutoIt Infio Window Tool. I get a class name, but no ID inside the app I need to automate (Mozilla Firefox). Is there any workaround to use ControlSend in that case ?

Thanks for help.

Are we talking about Mozilla Firefox controls, or about website Elements? For the later I'll suggest you take a look at FF.au3:

Sorry I was talking about Mozilla Firefox controls not website elements. Edited by Ptigrouick

Hmmm, yeah, now I remember. Have fought with that too while coding FFAddOn. I fell back to extract ShortCut's from FF and just used send(). I don't know any method to access e.g. the right click menu via controlsend(). Take a look at FFAddOn (but the program is focused on performing tasks while FF is maximized). Otherwise take a look at the link I posted above. FF.au3 utilizes MozRepl FF-Plugin to send commands in the background, most of FF's features can be accessed this way.

Edited by KaFu