Wanted Controlclick/winexists/etc helper script/program

G'day all

I've been scripting a few "program helpers" and it's getting real boring running "AutoIT Window Info" then having to cut and past the info it provides into the script.

Has anyone created a tool to produce the actual AutoIT script lines (instead of just the info) that can them be cut and paste into scripts? maybe it could produce a piece of code like

If WinExists("Legal stuff") Then
    WinActivate("Legal stuff")
    ControlCommand("Legal stuff", "", "[CLASS:TCheckBox; INSTANCE:1]", "Check")
EndIfoÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍYÚ[^ÝÊ   ][ÝÓYØ[ÝY][ÝÊH[UÚ[XÝ]]J ][ÝÓYØ[ÝY][ÝÊBPÛÛÛÛXÚÊ  ][ÝÓYØ[ÝY][ÝË ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ][ÝÖÐÓTÔÎ]ÈSÕSÑNWI][ÝÊBNÐÛÛÛÛUÜ]J  ][ÝÓYØ[ÝYÚ[ÝÈÝ[ ][ÝÊB[YoÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍYÚ[^ÝÊ   ][ÝÖÕUNÛÛNÈÓTÔÎYÜØYÙQÜWI][ÝË ][ÝÉ][ÝÊH[[]]J    ][ÝÖÕUNÛÛNÈÓTÔÎYÜØYÙQÜWI][ÝÊBPÛÛÛÛXÚÊ  ][ÝÖÕUNÛÛNÈÓTÔÎYÜØYÙQÜWI][ÝË ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ][ÝÖÐÓTÔÎ]ÛÈSÕSÑNI][ÝÊB[Y

I did try a few searches but they either produced hundreds of pages or nothing that I could use.

Thanks in advance

John Morrison

Open up a script and hit F1 :D

OK I'll bite.

How will accessing the AutoIT help file show me a method of automatically producing script from the "AutoIT Window Info" program's info or show me a similar program that will?

I already expained that I knew how to do it manually in the first post.

John Morrison

• Developers

Could imagine this can be written in AutoIt3 by assigning a hotkey which captures the info in au3info and then sends it to scite using the SciTE_director interface which allows you to insert it at the cursor position.

I cannot remember having seen this scripted before but could be a nice project to work on for somebody:)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Could imagine this can be written in AutoIt3 by assigning a hotkey which captures the info in au3info and then sends it to scite using the SciTE_director interface which allows you to insert it at the cursor position.

I cannot remember having seen this scripted before but could be a nice project to work on for somebody:)

Jos

Hi Jos

That is exactly what I was thinking of. Au3recorder is ok but it only records mouse movements. I want to do the real "control click" etc functions as they are much more reliable.

I did find one script that does most of what I need but you have to "fix the code" before you start. (IF you look at it cut and paste the second bit of code as it has less errors.)

install generator

I'd like to have a program that I can add to my memory stick so when I'm onsite I can capture any new windows/clicks that popup for later inclustion in my script. I've got several scripts that work well but every so oftern something new pops up and I have to install AutoIt to get the info to put in the extra code...sigh

Thanks for the reply

John Morrison

• Developers

Well, there is actually a recording program, which is also part of the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, that does just that.

Tools/AutoItMarcoGenerator.

Give it a try and it will do exactly what I described.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well, there is actually a recording program, which is also part of the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, that does just that.

Tools/AutoItMarcoGenerator.

Give it a try and it will do exactly what I described.

Jos

THANKS Jos!!!!!

It looks like that does almost everything I wanted and a lot of other things that I hadn't thought of yet......Just wish I knew it was there before I started asking. :-)

I've moved it to my memory stick so should be great for onsite capturing. :-)

Thanks again!!!

John Morrison