IE new cookie context and invisible a lot of questions

Hi,

I'm still fighting with the IE, there are a lot of ways to do some stuff, but I did not yet understand all the differences.

* I want to automatically surf through a webpage,

* that should happen in a new cookie context, because I may be logged in that webpage too, by "normal" browsing at the same time

* it should work with vista maybe with requireadmin, I don't mind.

* I'd like to get the handle of the new IE instance, to be sure all works fine in the background, so I thought I start the browser with a local webpage to easily identify the instance by 100%

* and all should be possible in an invisible mode

Now I found in the helpfile of _IECreate the example No 6 which describes the solution with the new cookie context. But this does not use any _IECreate which seems to be the only one which has the posibility to make the IE invisible.

What would be the right way to do that ?

Is there another way to get the handle of that IE, which has been started with autoit (and not by myself) without first opening a local webpage with absolutly unique content ?

Cheers Wolle

Cheers Wolle

I can think of no way to start a new iexplore.exe invisble in IE7 and before. I had read that IE8 would have some new flexibility in this area, but so far in my reading I cannot find the information. Feel free to read up on IE8 and if you find a lead, let me know and I'll look into it with you.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I can think of no way to start a new iexplore.exe invisble in IE7 and before. I had read that IE8 would have some new flexibility in this area, but so far in my reading I cannot find the information. Feel free to read up on IE8 and if you find a lead, let me know and I'll look into it with you.

Dale

Okay in that way I have to forget my wish of the new cookie context, because the invisibility is a must have.

Is that usual, that the download (save as) dialog boxes are visible even when the browser is set to be invisible ?

Cheers Wolle

Cheers Wolle

> Is that usual, that the download (save as) dialog boxes are visible even when the browser is set to be invisible ?

Yes

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

> Is that usual, that the download (save as) dialog boxes are visible even when the browser is set to be invisible ?

Yes

uups I thought they are invisible too :D But I guess it's possible to make these windows invisible too ?!

I'll have a look at this the next days.

Cheers Wolle

Cheers Wolle

I just did some testing with

WinSetState($avArray[$i][1],"",@SW_HIDE)

That seems to "work". Now the window appears and then it get's hidden. Isn't it possible to hide them before they are visible?

Cheers Wolle

Cheers Wolle