$IE = _IECreate("about:blank") runs In the same IE Process if process "iexplore.exe" already Exists..?

if you run the function $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") and you already have IE running meaning the process "iexplore.exe" already Exists.

Then the function $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") will attach to that already running instance of "iexplore.exe"..??

Is there anyway to make $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") always run in a new Instance/Process of "iexplore.exe"..??

• Developers

I will not attach to an existing IEExplorer session. did you try?

Or do you mean the actual iexplorer.exe ?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I don think you read my post clearly.. :D

i mean it attaches to the already existing instance of "iexplore.exe"..!!!

try it yerself..

Open IE in a normal instance without AutoIt.. then run the function $IE = _IECreate("about:blank")

no new instances of "iexplore.exe" are created..?? why is that..??

It attaches to the already existing instance of "iexplore.exe" that you manually started ..!!!

Is there anyway to always have $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") always run in a new Instance/Process of "iexplore.exe"..??

• Developers

I tried it and also did start a couple of time IEEXPLORER manually and see the same thing happening in Process Explorer.. It attaches to the existing IEExplorer and starts for each x IE windows a new child process.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Have a look with Process Explorer (pctools) and click a couple of times on the IE shortcut.

What i see is when I start the first IEexplorer it will show the Parent and one child process.

2nd IE = 1 parent - 2 child IE processes

3rd IE = 1 parent - 3 child IE processes

4th IE = 1 parent - 3 child IE processes

5th IE = 1 parent - 4 child IE processes

6th IE = 1 parent - 4 child IE processes

7th IE = 1 parent - 4 child IE processes

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

IM not talking about opening IE manually though.. yes if you repeatedly click the IE shortcut then multiple new instances of "iexplore.exe" wil be created..!!

But I just want to make $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") always create a new Instance/Process of "iexplore.exe"..!!!

But that doesn't happen for some reason because if an instance of "iexplore.exe" is already running then $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") will then attach to that instance of "iexplore.exe"..!! and i dont want that..

Becuase if a user is already running IE then they run my script it will attach to their instance of "iexplore.exe" and that is not what i want..!!

So how do I make $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") always create a new Instance/Process of "iexplore.exe"..!!!

• Developers

I understood that you wanted to use the _IE functions but was just telling you that when you normally start multiple versions of IE it will also run under one Parent.

Now maybe it helps to explain why you don't want it using the same process because I am still failing to understand your ultimate goals here.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

OMFG Dude..!!! :D

I don't care if you normally start multiple versions of IE it will also run under one Parent..!!

I just want to make $IE = _IECreate("about:blank") always create a new Instance/Process of "iexplore.exe"..!!!

Because if a user is already running IE then when they run my script it will attach to their instance of "iexplore.exe" and that is not what I want..!!

That is my Ultimate Goal..!!!

How many times do I have to keep repeating myself here..??

Edited by cypher175

• Developers

Ok, fine, Iam done...... since you are not willing to explain why you care about this separate IE instance .

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, fine, Iam done...... since you are not willing to explain why you care about this separate IE instance .

Because if a user is already running IE then when they run my script it will attach to their instance of "iexplore.exe" and that is not what I want..!!

Encase an error happens with IE and _IEQuit($IE) wont work for some reason I gotta terminate the "iexplore.exe" process and if the user is already running "iexplore.exe" i don't want to kill their "iexplore.exe" session OK..

Does that clear anything up for you.. or do you wana ask me sum more questions instead of helping me find and Solution...!!!

Questioning my Question with More Questions about my Question = No Solution..!! :D .|..

• Developers

I will make a final comment as to why I am persistent in asking questions: I always try to first understand the real issue before trying to help on a solution.

In this case I didn't understand the real issue so kept asking. Since that is not appreciated, I am done trying to help.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I will make a final comment as to why I am persistent in asking questions: I always try to first understand the real issue before trying to help on a solution.

In this case I didn't understand the real issue so kept asking. Since that is not appreciated, I am done trying to help.

You never even helped in da 1st place.. all you did was just keep asking me Questions.. even after I did tell you my Reason/"Ultimate Goal" for what I was try to accomplish.. thus being "Because if a user is already running IE then when they run my script it will attach to their instance of "iexplore.exe" and that is not what I want..!!"

But yet that was not a good enuf answer for you so you have to keep asking even more pointless questions and produce no solutions.. thus giving me the circle jerk..!!

so go circle jerk yerself dude..!!!

open the pod bay doors dave, why do you want me to open the pod bay doors for..?? because i want them open.. Why..?? Becuz.. But Why..

just STFU and Stop Asking Questions..!! & Open the Doors Already..!!! But Why.. What is yer Ultimat Goal Dave..!!! OMFG Dave Why are you bashing your head against the wall, becuz you wont just simply open the Doors, instead you repeatedly keep asking me pointless questions..

F- it Dave shot himself the End..!! :D

No matter how hard I'm trying to replicate launching iexplore.exe and create it in an existing internet explorer window it always open in a new window with a new image.

Just open IE from yer QuickLuanch Bar or desktop or what ever then run this code and watch yer Process Explorer..

No new instance of "iexplore.exe" is created.. it attaches to the first "iexplore.exe" that you ran..!!

#NoTrayIcon
#include <IE.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
_Singleton(@ScriptName)

$IE = _IECreate("")

• Developers

You never even helped in da 1st place.. all you did was just keep asking me Questions.. even after I did tell you my Reason/"Ultimate Goal" for what I was try to accomplish.. thus being "Because if a user is already running IE then when they run my script it will attach to their instance of "iexplore.exe" and that is not what I want..!!"

But yet that was not a good enuf answer for you so you have to keep asking even more pointless questions and produce no solutions.. thus giving me the circle jerk..!!

so go circle jerk yerself dude..!!!

open the pod bay doors dave, why do you want me to open the pod bay doors for..?? because i want them open.. Why..?? Becuz.. But Why..

just STFU and Stop Asking Questions..!! & Open the Doors Already..!!! But Why.. What is yer Ultimat Goal Dave..!!! OMFG Dave Why are you bashing your head against the wall, becuz you wont just simply open the Doors, instead you repeatedly keep asking me pointless questions..

F- it Dave shot himself the End..!! :D

You could have elected to answer in a normal way in stead of making a fool of yourself.

Open another topic on this and I ban your ass.

*click*

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.