foobar2000 UDF

monoceres

Found this lying around and it seems to be relativity complete so I thought I just throw it up here in case someone ever needs it.

There is no documentation associated with the functions, but I think that most of them are pretty straightforward so it shouldn't provide any serious problems, however if you find something unclear just post here and I'll answer.

For this to work you have to use the foo_comserver2 plugin for foobar. Download can be found here:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....w=&st=&

Download:

foobar2000_UDF.au3

Example:

$fb2k=_FB2K_Startup()
MsgBox(0,"Currently playing:",_FB2K_FormatPlayingTitle($fb2k,"%title%[ - %artist%]"))
_FB2K_Shutdown($fb2k)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

@monoceres - thanks for sharing this, I've wanted to look more deeply into foobar for some time, but just not had the time yet ... so I'll eventually check this out too.

Visiting the link you posted, two elements struck me as funny :D -

The component does not enable you to implement foobar2000 components in languages other than C++.

The current release is targeted primarily at Visual Basic 6 and scripting clients. It should be useable with clients written in C++, but it has not been tuned yet for this situation.

The component has been tested successfully with clients written in the following languages:

• Visual Basic 6
  • VBScript
  • Lua 5.0.2 with LuaCOM (some problems with event callbacks)
  • Python 2.3 with Pythonwin (no event support AFAIK)
  • C# and VB.Net (.Net 1.1)

Which would appear to be a contradiction ... but maybe it's too late at night for me (18th Wedding Anniversary, 18th Birthday Party and all)? :o

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Which would appear to be a contradiction ... but maybe it's too late at night for me (18th Wedding Anniversary, 18th Birthday Party and all)? :D

It probably is. Because that's not a contradiction at all. What he means is fullscale foobar2000 components as the dll files you place in the foobar2000 plugin directory. The functionality in the comserver is (sadly) very limited and you only get read-only access to most parts.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

It probably is. Because that's not a contradiction at all. What he means is fullscale foobar2000 components as the dll files you place in the foobar2000 plugin directory. The functionality in the comserver is (sadly) very limited and you only get read-only access to most parts.

I thought it would be something like that, but my addled brain wants to see contradiction ... I'm only on tonight cause I'm still downloading (56k modem) a rare album or two (neither of which have come out on CD yet to my knowledge ... one of which I have on vinyl, the other I've never even heard) and I'm here cause I noticed a PM.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm French, sorry for my english...

I'm trying to build a frontend for foobar (using tactil screen and foobar 1.1.5) but, I don't manage to use certain function

For example : _FB2K_IsPlaying(ByRef $aObjs) It's OK, it's works

But :

_FB2K_GetPlaylistTracks(ByRef $oPlaylist), doesnt work :

C:\Documents and Settings\cyber\Bureau\Foobar MCE\include\foobar2000_UDF.au3 (43) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

Local $oTracks = $oPlaylist.GetTracks()

Local $oTracks = $oPlaylist^ ERROR

It's possible to have more example, or information ?

Thanks !

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/200/sansreu.jpg