How to work with Flash

Im trying to automate a flash game all in the background and hidden. I tried with controls but it seems like they dont work as they are only for Windows, and i tried with _ie functions like _IEGetObjByName but they only work for the most simple forms and cannot identify flash buttons with it. So im asking if there is anyway at all to work with flash websites hidden in background? Any help will be much appreciated, i really want this to work.

Edited by darkmaster071

Im trying to automate a flash game all in the background and hidden. I tried with controls but it seems like they dont work as they are only for Windows, and i tried with _ie functions like _IEGetObjByName but they only work for the most simple forms and cannot identify flash buttons with it. So im asking if there is anyway at all to work with flash websites hidden in background? Any help will be much appreciated, i really want this to work.

I'm trying to do something similar with silverlight.

I have not found a viable solution yet.

I am struggling to get this working. However the controlclick is bugging me why cant you just target the IE instance, get the control mouse coordinates of that window and click all you want, wherever you want and in a hidden background process. Isnt there a solution to clicking on flash object in hidden window? Does it or does it not exist?

the problem with control click or any of the similar methods, is they require unique handles.

with falsh and silverlight, i think the buttons, the screen/display, etc. all have the same exact handle.

so you cant address say the "pause" button uniquely, choose the pause handle is the same as chooseing the next or play or whatever..

I've used multiple "info/spy" tools and they all report the same information.

AutoIt is not designed to work with flash. You will have to mouseclick to click on the spot you want.

AutoIt wasn't "designed" to work with allot of things, but some very crafty people have found all kinds of ways of making AutoIt interact with things that were not foreseen from a design perspective.

I think this problem (and mine / silverlight) is solvable by someone with more knowledge on the subject.