Newbie needing help

Ok I thought this would be a great place to start. I have to deploy AVG server admin console to several servers. I do not have not much experiencing scripting with the excpetion of some bat files. How and what tools in this suite would be the easiest way to configure an unattended install of AVG or any application for that matter. This install does reference some exclusions that avg browses to ..for some reason it wont let you copy and paste these values. Anyways.. I really need some guidance. I have seen this tool used by some of the developers at my old job and i was fascinated. is this a good tool for this particular situation? And if so what tools do I need and how do I start or go about it? I would much rather use a gui. I tried this at one time and created an install from mouse click and when i ran it on another system it had a diff resolution and it just bombed. I need some assistance!

Edited by stevechapi

• Developers

Ok I thought this would be a great place to start. We work in an IT consulting co and have to deploy AVG server admin console to all our clients. I have not much experiencing scripting with the excpetion of some bat files. How and what tools in this suite would be the easiest way to configure an unattended install of AVG or any application for that matter. This install does reference some exclusions that avg browses to ..for some reason it wont let you copy and paste these values. Anyways.. I really need some guidance. I have seen this tool used by some of the developers at my old job and i was fascinated. is this a good tool for this particular situation? And if so what tools do I need and how do I start or go about it? I would much rather use a gui. I tried this at one time and created an install from mouse click and when i ran it on another system it had a diff resolution and it just bombed. I need some assistance!

Is it normal in your IT consultancy co to shout in open forums?

Where I come from its considered impolite.

Post what you have problems with and you might get assistance...

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I meant I work at one..... what diff does it make ..we are all here for help. I work at one ok?

Lost you, was only commenting about the ALL CAPS IN THE TITLE which is considered shouting.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

NP, and my second comment was that if you want assistance, that to me implies you have tried something that isn't working yet.

What have you tried ?

Most installers have a silent install option which could be very simple scripted to run that way by AutoIt3.

When Windows do appear is pretty easy to watch for those wit hteh Win???() functions and fill in field or click buttons with Control????() functions.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Well its been quite a while since I tried it... To be honest I dont remember. Thats why I was asking.... I am a good techie but I am in uncharted territory. So need help on where to start.

Guess that means you will have to invest some time to learn or search, because if you want others to write things for you for free that wouldn't be fair ,now would it, since its business for you?

ps. I changed it because I think you can't yet util you have the fullmember group level.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

As Jos indicated, if you get something going and get into trouble - post your code here and you can get help - good luck!

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]