Insert parameter an reg

Hello,

pls someone can help with this script?

I need insert an parameter in exe and this parameter must be imputed on reg file

Example that i need:

i'll execute the exe file "setup.exe" with 2 parameter /parent and /group

c:\setup.exe /parent=brspoa107m /group=br_client

The result of this parameters must enter in reg entries

RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"Parent"', 'REG_SZ', 'Result here')

RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"ClientGroup"', 'REG_SZ', ''Result here' ')

Sorry for my bad english ;)^_^

No one can help-me with this?

i try to use commandline but without sucess

RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"Parent"', 'REG_SZ', 'Result here')

RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"ClientGroup"', 'REG_SZ', ''Result here' ')

thanks

Like this

$parent = 'brspoa107m'
$group = 'br_client'
run("c:\setup.exe /parent=" & $parent &" /group=" & $group)
RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"Parent"', 'REG_SZ', $parent)
RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"ClientGroup"', 'REG_SZ', $group)

or did I missunterstood the questions?

Thanks Kafu

I need but i need this:

i'll execute the exe file "setup.exe" with 2 parameter /parent and /group, but i dont know to make this parameters and link this parameters with regwrite ^_^

note: Setup.exe is name to this script compiled.

c:\setup.exe /parent=xxxx /group=xxxx

The result of this parameters /parent and /group must enter in reg entries

RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"Parent"', 'REG_SZ', 'Result here') <---- xxxx enters here

RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"ClientGroup"', 'REG_SZ', ''Result here' ') <--- xxxx enters here

Edited by JulianoNewbie

Raw, without any error-checking... add this to setup.exe, works only if exactly called as mention "c:\setup.exe /parent=xxxx /group=xxxx".

if $CmdLine[0] > 1 Then
    $parent = StringReplace($CmdLine[1],"/parent=","")
    $group = StringReplace($CmdLine[2],"/group=","")
    RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"Parent"', 'REG_SZ', $parent)
    RegWrite ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion', '"ClientGroup"', 'REG_SZ', $group)
endif

Raw, without any error-checking... add this to setup.exe, works only if exactly called as mention "c:\setup.exe /parent=xxxx /group=xxxx".

if $CmdLine[0] > 1 Then
    $parent = StringReplace($CmdLine[1],"/parent=","")
    $group = StringReplace($CmdLine[2],"/group=","")
endif

thanks kafu, when i go to germany i'll pay an beer to you =DDDDDDDDDDD