how to reduce "Virtual Memory"

post-23787-1239853980_thumb.jpg

the last number is my func's Virtual Memory == (324236K),now up to 400MB

i use "empty.exe" to reduce memory, one tool of MS

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " &  "empty.exe" & Chr(32) & $Pid, "", @SW_HIDE)

my function is to monitor a webpage and click some button (about 1-3 click every secound),

for about 30 minutes, it's Virtual Memory up to 300MB, at last my computer show a warning of less Virtual Memory.

do you have any function to reduce "Virtual Memory"?

post-23787-1239853980_thumb.jpg

the last number is my func's Virtual Memory == (324236K),now up to 400MB

i use "empty.exe" to reduce memory, one tool of MS

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " &  "empty.exe" & Chr(32) & $Pid, "", @SW_HIDE)

my function is to monitor a webpage and click some button (about 1-3 click every secound),

for about 30 minutes, it's Virtual Memory up to 300MB, at last my computer show a warning of less Virtual Memory.

do you have any function to reduce "Virtual Memory"?

You might also want to determine where the memory leak is coming from in the first place. Fixing your script rather than just working around the flaw would be better.

^_^

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

hey there, just stumbled on one part of what we are looking for :

1) Detect virtual memory status - GlobalMemoryStatus - WinAPI Function.. <edit> working on threads i found here (the basic first step for noob!

2) try to sort out the issue ! Yahoooooo (sorry Goooogle) - Found the right direction Managing Virtual memory with API Function Calls - of course this topic is way beyond my current knowledge of api calls - i am an absolute beginner with api calls,

Need the experts out there to sort out the WinAPI call for us to find out next how to sort out low virtual memory...

Edited by rajeshontheweb

hmm, not my case, though. i always use IE (of course, as the last option) - Got a page that detects IE engine, i employ IETab in Firefox, coz firefox is my favourite (if chrome had native pluginsupport i wud 've gone for it.) enough of off topic explanations ,

my situation is a couple of users i have in my office / home neighbourhood, they have autocad and similar applicaitons which really EAT UP UR RAM AND PAGE FILE BOTH TOGETHER so at that time i need to use FreeRAM XP Pro or smilar apps and wait some time for processes to respond :-(

Phase 1 :<this does work !!>

$SIZE_T = "int"
$struct = DLLStructCreate("dword;dword;"&$SIZE_T&";"&$SIZE_T&";"&$SIZE_T&";"&$SIZE_T&";"&$SIZE_T&";"&$SIZE_T)
DLLCall("Kernel32.dll", "none", "GlobalMemoryStatus", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($struct))
$MemoryLoad = DllStructGetData($struct, 2)
$TotalPhys = DllStructGetData($struct, 3)
$AvaliablePhys = DllStructGetData($struct, 4)

ConsoleWrite($MemoryLoad & @LF)
ConsoleWrite($TotalPhys & @LF)
ConsoleWrite($AvaliablePhys & @LF)
Edited by rajeshontheweb

sorry this might seem to be dragging it too long, but as far as i understand AutoCAD , as i have seen it, keeps a lot of stuff in your RAM and hence any memory freeing operation after working for a while does help a lot because it removes a lot of unused information from cache, which doesnt harm a user if cad had to bring it up from disk to cache again. this is just a primitive understanding which has worked for me. i am not very sure about the concept of freeing virtual memory but 100% sure, i am gonna get an application scripted for monitoring low virtual memory and freeing up empty working set to benefit the user. because with 512 ram and CAD eating up 80% of it does let the user see an alert saying windows virtual memory is too low and windows is trying to free up somememory space to prevent.blablabla this happens , its not just assumption i am talking about here. sorry if this is harsh.