Format stolen computer at boot

Mac

My company has several clients that travel with their laptops. One has asked me if there is a way to script partition deletion or format his laptop on reboot if it is stolen. We use remote management for client support so I running a script remotely would not be hard. Any ideas?

You may not be able to format or delete the partition, but you can force the person who stole the laptop to format the hard disk before they can use it. Install Truecrypt and do a System Encryption. TrueCrypt can on-the-fly encrypt a system partition or entire system drive, i.e. a partition or drive where Windows is installed and from which it boots.

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

You may not be able to format or delete the partition, but you can force the person who stole the laptop to format the hard disk before they can use it. Install Truecrypt and do a System Encryption. TrueCrypt can on-the-fly encrypt a system partition or entire system drive, i.e. a partition or drive where Windows is installed and from which it boots.

That is some pretty cool freeware!

Is this in the Fantastic Free Software thread in chat? I'm totally getting it.