DLLCall

Well.. I have looked through this forum to have found many examples of use of the dllcall function but havent really found anything that has brought any light on to the function itself for me....

I have reached a point in my coding to where the examples I keep finding for the things I am trying to do are using this function and I have realised that I just can not wrap my head around this function without some help from someone.... I puzzle on its inner workings.. I just do not understand it..

Could anyone please provide a somewhat pretty enlihgtening link for this function or write a explanation of practical use and how it works...

Edited by Sublime

The inner workings are complicated. Are you asking how it works internally? It finds the handle to the function, sets up the parameters, calls the function, gets a return value, and returns to the script.

Otherwise, are you asking how to use it in a script? It is used to call functions from an arbitrary dll (dynamic link library). You give it the name of the dll or a handle to an already opened dll, and it will find a handle to the function name you provide. You tell it what the types of the parameters are, so it can convert the variables to the right shape of data and call the function. It then passes back an array that provides you with information about the return value and any parameters that might have changed.

Well.. I have looked through this forum to have found many examples of use of the dllcall function but havent really found anything that has brought any light on to the function itself for me....

I have reached a point in my coding to where the examples I keep finding for the things I am trying to do are using this function and I have realised that I just can not wrap my head around this function without some help from someone.... I puzzle on its inner workings.. I just do not understand it..

Could anyone please provide a somewhat pretty enlihgtening link for this function or write a explanation of practical use and how it works...

Open WinAPI.au3, which is included in the package AutoIt and see for any function.

^_^

... and then look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx

Also, you will be useful this utility.

;)