"Run" Help

I've made a script (Script1) that is controlling another script (Script2). Each script has their own configuration file located in the script directory. With "Script1" I'm trying to run the exe for "Script2", but it's trying to use the config for "Script1".

Is there a way to actually run Script2 so it uses it's own config instead of trying to use the config for the first script?

Edited by Sparrowlord

Let me explain a bit more..

/Script1
    Script1.exe
    Config.ini
/Script2
    Script2.exe
    Config.ini

As you can see above each script has it's own folder on my desktop. When I try running Script2.exe from my Script1.exe.. for some reason it tries to read the Config.ini for Script1.

I'm trying to run Script2.exe so it uses it's configuration file.

Does that help explain it better?

Edited by Sparrowlord

• Developers

Does that help explain it better?

Not really because you failed to show a scriptlet that demonstrates your issue.

Anyways a wild guess: Could it be that the working directory is still point to the script1 directory and you are not using the full path when trying to read the script2\config.ini?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Not really because you failed to show a scriptlet that demonstrates your issue.

Anyways a wild guess: Could it be that the working directory is still point to the script1 directory and you are not using the full path when trying to read the script2\config.ini?

*Whistles* I suppose that could be the problem.. went back into Script2 and changed everything to use the full path when trying to read the config.ini and it worked like a charm.