Get Window.8 control informations

Hi,

We can get information from control class such as WindowsForms10.SysListView32, WindowsForms10.SysTreeView32, WindowsForms10.SysTabControl32, but I have a window who has buttons in a WindowsForms10.window.8 class control and I want to get the state of one of the buttons. There is one button who is maintained and I want to know if his state is 1 or 0 (activated or not).

Can I do this ?

How ?

Thanks,

TheReveller

Well I mean actived or not, checked or not, or whatever... All I want is to get access to those deeper controls.

For example, open "My Computer", you have at the top these things : Back, Forward, Up, Search, Folders, View, but all thoses buttons are a some kind of grouped in the control ToolbarWindow32, so I can't send a ControlClick on the Up button for example.

Do you get what I mean ?

Thanks,

TheReveller

Edit : Well my example is not good because the case I describe in My Computer is a Toolbar and there is UDF for that. My case is a "Window" as a control...

Edited by TheReveller

Well I mean actived or not, checked or not, or whatever... All I want is to get access to those deeper controls.

For example, open "My Computer", you have at the top these things : Back, Forward, Up, Search, Folders, View, but all thoses buttons are a some kind of grouped in the control ToolbarWindow32, so I can't send a ControlClick on the Up button for example.

Do you get what I mean ?

Thanks,

TheReveller

Edit : Well my example is not good because the case I describe in My Computer is a Toolbar and there is UDF for that. My case is a "Window" as a control...

Deep in its little Win32 API heart, most controls are actually little child windows of the parent window. They are little windows of a certain class. When those controls are drawn with the standard Windows APIs, AutoIt can use their standard interfaces and all is well.

Sometimes the "little window" that is the control is being drawn by something else, like Shockwave Flash, and there is no standard API available to AutoIt. You might be stuck in those cases with very clunky pixel checking to determine the state of an owner drawn control.

^_^

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hmm...

Fast question I have now for example : Can we access to the toolbar buttons under the menu of Excel 2003 for example ? (New, Open, Save, ...)

Only by their hotkeys (i.e. "!fo", or "Alt-f, o" for Open). Because MS Office apps have an owner-drawn menu ("[CLASS:MsoCommandBar]" in this case) that is not from standard Windows APIs.

This is no big deal with Excel though, because there is a robust COM interface available, as used by the Excel.au3 UDF which can do (almost) anything that you could from the GUI menu, and can do it while minimized/hidden to boot.

^_^

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

So we can't access to CommandBar controls, neither to "Window" controls ?

I know that with Excel we can do nearly everything by VBA, I was just looking for an example toolbar to know if we could get the actions/states/clicks on specific buttons pressed in the toolbar.

Thanks,

TheReveller

Edited by TheReveller

So we can't access to CommandBar controls, neither to "Window" controls ?

I know that with Excel we can do nearly everything by VBA, I was just looking for an example toolbar to know if we could get the actions/states/clicks on specific buttons pressed in the toolbar.

Thanks,

TheReveller

I wouldn't presume to make a blanket statement on it. There are work-arounds for some controls, not for others. Some controls use standard Windows API despite having strange looking control class names (i.e. "ThunderbirdRT6"). It depends on the specific case you are interested in.

^_^