Pausing a script

Is there a way to pause a running script via hitting a key and allowing you to let it pickup where it left off by hitting another key? Is that some major coding feat or is there a simple pause cmd that I am just not seeing in the docs.

Thanks

Loraik

Is there a way to pause a running script via hitting a key and allowing you to let it pickup where it left off by hitting another key?  Is that some major coding feat or is there a simple pause cmd that I am just not seeing in the docs.

Thanks

Loraik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try an AdLib function and a toggle function.

Dim $pause = 0
HotKeySet("{pause}","PauseIt")
AdLibEnable("_IsPaused",250)

Func PauseIt(ByRef $pause)
   If $pause = 0 then $pause = 1
   If $pause = 1 then $pause = 0
EndFunc

Func _IsPaused(ByRef $pause)
   If $pause = 1 then
      Do
         Sleep(50)
      Until $pause = 0
   EndIf
EndFunc

This code is untested, and may not work as expected. This was just out of the top of my head.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

It's already built in .. all you need to do is click on the icon in the system tray! This will pause your script - and to un-pause it, just un-check the "Paused" option.

Couldn't be simpler :)

It's already built in .. all you need to do is click on the icon in the system tray! This will pause your script - and to un-pause it, just un-check the "Paused" option.

Couldn't be simpler  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but in some fullscreen applications (such as City of Heros) one cannot alt-tab out, and one cannot summon the toolbar/tray to click the icon. Some form of anti-cheat to keep people from running bots or scripts. Doesn't stop me...I just use a hotkey to keep my scripts paused (in a sleep(500) loop) until I need them.

In this case, one would have to simulate a control click to the tray on the correct icon. I honestly don't know if it's possible to do this in a fullscreen app.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache