multiple guis?

Hey all,

I'm probably completely overlooking way easy stuff, but I have an about-window that's called in a separate function and the regular-window in the original function.

but since they run separate getmsg's the about window will pause the rest of the script while it's up. What do you think is the best solution for this?

thanks ^_^

Hey all,

I'm probably completely overlooking way easy stuff, but I have an about-window that's called in a separate function and the regular-window in the original function.

but since they run separate getmsg's the about window will pause the rest of the script while it's up. What do you think is the best solution for this?

thanks ^_^

Although it can help to make your script easier to write and understand, there is no need to have separate GuiGetMsg loops. They will get the same events in any case. It sounds like your problem might be overcome by just having one message loop, and if you need to know which window the event came from, such as $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, then use the advanced parameter which is explained in the help.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Although it can help to make your script easier to write and understand, there is no need to have separate GuiGetMsg loops. They will get the same events in any case. It sounds like your problem might be overcome by just having one message loop, and if you need to know which window the event came from, such as $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, then use the advanced parameter which is explained in the help.

ahh perfect, I figured it'd be overcomplicated to have multiple loops! thanks for the help martin