Using AutoIT scripts with dll?

kwlayman

I've written a fair amount of AutoIT script but now because of some missing features in the GUI we're going to have to use the AutoITX dll with Visual Basic.

Is there some way to utilize our existing AutoIT scripts via the dll?

Perhaps I should've spoken in binary? :)

I guess I can call my existing AutoIT scripts from the dll via VB, is that what you're referring to?

i suggest you get the latest v3 aka: 3.1.0 and read the help file in there :D theres a new DllCall :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@layer, You have no clue what he is asking.

@Da other guy: I don't think there is a way to execute you autoit scripts via VB.

The AutoItX dll give you the power of autoit but won't actually let you embedd an existing script into VB, you will have to convert all you AutoIt code into VB Code that uses AutoItX. Also, I don't believe that the file funcs or things like that exist in AutoItX so they will have to be changed to the VB method. :)

Did that help any?

I know it dissapointed you.

Edit: Changed I to you somewhere lol, that wouldve been weird.

Edited by Guido
I used to have over 700 posts. This is a new account. I am not a newbie.My AutoIt Home Page - Here is all my AutoIt stuff. Well, actually, I have loads more, I am just too lazy to put it on my page right now so deal with it.Guess what? The unvierse is made out of basically nothing.Think about it? What is the smallest building block of anything, it is what? A chunk of nothingness. Thats all. Hey this peice of space is a forperborb and it is so.

Yes it did help, thanks. However, I don't see any reason you couldn't launch an AutoIT script from VB using the AutoITX dll, I'll try that and let you know how it works.

Guido , I'm aware of your work and am looking at using your com stuff to distribute tasks across a cluster, sorry to hear about your problems with the forum.

Kevin

@layer, You have no clue what he is asking.

@Da other guy: I don't think there is a way to execute you autoit scripts via VB.

The AutoItX dll give you the power of autoit but won't actually let you embedd an existing script into VB, you will have to convert all you AutoIt code into VB Code that uses AutoItX. Also, I don't believe that the file funcs or things like that exist in AutoItX so they will have to be changed to the VB method.  :)

Did that help any?

I know it dissapointed you.

Edit: Changed I to you somewhere lol, that wouldve been weird.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you've got it. I'm just looking to cut down on work and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

maybe, if you compile the scripts, you could just run them from VB? or do they need to be a script? or am i totally offline of what you mean? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

glad i could help! :D (first time ive helped an AutoItX user... ive just started reading the AutoItX section about 3 weeks ago, i should have read it a lot earlier though... :">)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We bofe hewped em. :)
I used to have over 700 posts. This is a new account. I am not a newbie.My AutoIt Home Page - Here is all my AutoIt stuff. Well, actually, I have loads more, I am just too lazy to put it on my page right now so deal with it.Guess what? The unvierse is made out of basically nothing.Think about it? What is the smallest building block of anything, it is what? A chunk of nothingness. Thats all. Hey this peice of space is a forperborb and it is so.

It means we both helped him. lol.

Guido , I'm aware of your work and am looking at using your com stuff to distribute tasks across a cluster, sorry to hear about your problems with the forum.

Yea, too many ignorant people that think everything is an attempt at stupidity or an insult, of course, I never insult anyone before they insult me.

Edited by Guido