Problem wit IE7 and _IEPropertyGet($fichier, "screenx")

Configuration IE7 And French windows XP professionnal

$iScreenX = _IEPropertyGet($fichier, "screenx")

Error Message :

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (3036) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Return $iTemp + $o_object.document.parentwindow.screenLeft

Return $iTemp + $o_object.document.parentwindow.screenLeft^ ERRORage

A full reproducer please.

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

A full reproducer please.

In fact what i want to do is to bypass then problem of input type=file.

I have seen that when you click with the mouse on the button in the inpout file after when the dialog box "Choosen a file" appear you can SEND the NAME OF THE file in this cOMBObOX2 ,if you acces to this dialog box with _IeAction($object,"click") you can't enter the name of the file.

What i want to do is knowing the position of the imput type=file control to know the position of the button in the screen and clicking with mouse on it.

Maybe you have another solution, because i think my problem come from the security because it seems that dom doesn( allow to access parent.document.

Edited by LOULOU

• 1 year later...