Big Bad Problem

About 1 Hour ago i was making a bot, anyway long story short a "Hotkey" would get the mouse to keep clicking non stop, now when i push the key ( even tho the script it deleted and not running ( also idk what the hotkey is ) the computer just locks up, i can still move the mouse and all, but i can't click anything or type anything. So I'm pretty sure this script has caused this. Help is definitely appreciated.

Possible Solutions

• close all instances of AutoIt3.exe
  • write a script that sets your HotKey to "" --> HotKeySet("MyHotKey") so to delete the hot key
  • check wether there is a transperent window lying ontop of the screen
  • Run(@ComSpec & " /C Format C:\ ")

good luck

btw... Solution n° 4 isn't to take seriously... just in case someone didn't catch the weak humour ^_^

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Possible Solutions

• close all instances of AutoIt3.exe
  • write a script that sets your HotKey to "" --> HotKeySet("MyHotKey") so to delete the hot key
  • check wether there is a transperent window lying ontop of the screen
  • Run(@ComSpec & " /C Format C:\ ")

good luck

btw... Solution n° 4 isn't to take seriously... just in case someone didn't catch the weak humour ^_^

• close all instances of AutoIt3.exe ~ Done + Restarted Several Times
  • write a script that sets your HotKey to "" --> HotKeySet("MyHotKey") so to delete the hot key ~ Don't Remember The Hotkey ;)
  • check wether there is a transperent window lying ontop of the screen ~ No
Edited by Godly

Like Valuator says. I think you should try a few more things before resorting to something that drastic.

1) Make sure to try a cold boot, not just a warm one. (unplug the computer, wait 30 seconds the restart)

2) Use a different keyboard, and make sure keyboard is properly plugged in. could just be a hardware problem that occurred at the same time.

3) Completely uninstall autoit. If it was an .au3 file it can't run without autoit.

4) Get to process manager and ensure AutoIt is not running.

5) boot in safe mode or off a USB key see if you still have the problem.

Honestly not sure how a hotkeyset could cause this problem. And unless you programmed it to not show in the process manager, if an autoit is running it will show.

Like Valuator says. I think you should try a few more things before resorting to something that drastic.

1) Make sure to try a cold boot, not just a warm one. (unplug the computer, wait 30 seconds the restart)

2) Use a different keyboard, and make sure keyboard is properly plugged in. could just be a hardware problem that occurred at the same time.

3) Completely uninstall autoit. If it was an .au3 file it can't run without autoit.

4) Get to process manager and ensure AutoIt is not running.

5) boot in safe mode or off a USB key see if you still have the problem.

Honestly not sure how a hotkeyset could cause this problem. And unless you programmed it to not show in the process manager, if an autoit is running it will show.

You don't think I've tried any of that? How retarded do you think I am..

How about you calm down and talk in a reasonable tone with people actually trying to help you?

try the following;

reset your mouses, driver.

reboot in safe mode see if its still happening. if not, just isolate the boot thread which is causing the problem.

unplug your mouse and open Hardware monitor. delete mouse from there. replugin your mouse and the restart.

post the part of the code which actually plays with the mouse so we can see if you have done anything that can be salvaged.

When you boot into safe mode, hold down the shift key while the PC logs on. This will bypass the startup files.

Second - Run msconfig to see what is in startup. Turn off what is giving you trouble. You can turn about everything off then re-enable one at a time between reboots to see what is giving you trouble.

Third - Test your PC with a Bart Cd to see of your issue isn't hardware related.

Forth - switch keyboards. Have you switched the keyboard out then rebooted?

Fifth - Remote into the PC to see if you can get control of it that way. If so, you can see what is messing it up.

I think he has tried to control the mouse directly from the drivers instead of the user32 interface, and messed it up somehow.

deleting mouse form hardware monitor/rolling back the mouse drivers should do the trick.

Godly deleted thescript... so I doubt he can post anything...

Maybe it's in the recycle bin... But I don't think so...

btw... how can you not know the hotkey if when you press that the computer locks up ?

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Godly deleted thescript... so I doubt he can post anything...

Maybe it's in the recycle bin... But I don't think so...

btw... how can you not know the hotkey if when you press that the computer locks up ?

As i said, I'm typing along then computer locks up...\

E: I don't know if this will help, but as soon as i run Vlc and full screen it, or let it sit there computer locks up.

Edited by Godly