_IECreateEmbedded() + Portable IE7 ..?

You can try to install ieframe.dll using RegSvr32 on the @SystemDir directory. I don't know how bad it will be to register IE7 ieframe.dll over IE8 or IE6, for example.

what will registering/installing ieframe.dll using RegSvr32 on the @SystemDir directory do exactly..??

how can that be used to incorporate using a Portable version IE7 for _IECreateEmbedded()..??

_IECreateEmbedded() has of-course something to do with the IE version but it's another story, it's not using the same object model although both exposes alms the same functionality. InternetExplorer.Application is using the library of "@ProgramFilesDir\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" whereas Shell.Explorer.2 is using "@SystemDir\ieframe.dll" library. I don't think you'll get a hard time by just first backing up ieframe.dll, register your ieframe.dll over it and re-register the backed up one over yours. I don't know if it'll allow you to use IE7 compatible embedded object or if it makes sense but it's possible.

_IECreateEmbedded() has of-course something to do with the IE version but it's another story, it's not using the same object model although both exposes alms the same functionality. InternetExplorer.Application is using the library of "@ProgramFilesDir\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" whereas Shell.Explorer.2 is using "@SystemDir\ieframe.dll" library. I don't think you'll get a hard time by just first backing up ieframe.dll, register your ieframe.dll over it and re-register the backed up one over yours. I don't know if it'll allow you to use IE7 compatible embedded object or if it makes sense but it's possible.

So where is this "ieframe.dll" coming from..?? my portable IE7 is only an .exe ..??

In other words... (Not that I know how to do this) But I believe I understand Authenticity's Idea...

* Copy C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll To ieframeBACK.dll or something...

* Replace the ieframe.dll with the portable version. ?

* Register it ?

Then use something like the below code...

$IEObj = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")
CuiCreate("test"0,0,200,200)
GUICtrlCreateObj ($IEObj, 0, 0, 200, 200)
$IEObj.navigate("http://www.google.com")
GuiSetState()

Not real sure though...

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

I would assume that you just need the corresponding DLL to the version of IE your trying to emulate.

Maybe you don't need the whole package if your going to be interacting on a COM/Obj level with a single-dll?

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND