can i retrive a vbscript file output?

re write the vb script in autoit!! ^_^

If you really must use vb then what variable do you need to assign...

how does it output the variable more importantly, e.g. if it brings up a msgbox with a value etc. (in that case you'll have to edit the vb if you want it to look and work professionally).

MDiesel

re write the vb script in autoit!! ^_^

If you really must use vb then what variable do you need to assign...

how does it output the variable more importantly, e.g. if it brings up a msgbox with a value etc. (in that case you'll have to edit the vb if you want it to look and work professionally).

MDiesel

Thaks for the info

my basic problem here is that i want to connect to a sql server database and want to capture some values by queries

please help me in this regard

since i couldnt able to do it in auto it,i have written a vbscript file which connects to sql server database and queries one table and gets one single value.

this value i am trying to capture.this value stored in local variable of vbscript file

please let me know the solution in either of one case

that is GREAT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

once again, the helpfile is your friend and teacher.

To do it in autoit look at the sqlite functions, probably these particular ones:

_SQLite_GetTable

_SQLite_Query

I've never used those before, so I presume they do what they say on the tin... Play around with it, if its not possible with the basic functions, search exaple scripts.

MDiesel

Thaks for the info

my basic problem here is that i want to connect to a sql server database and want to capture some values by queries

since i couldnt able to do it in auto it,i have written a vbscript file which connects to sql server database and queries one table and gets one single value.

this value i am trying to capture.this value stored in local variable of vbscript file

Regards

Hi

This is my code in vb script:

Set cn= CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

cn.Open "Driver={SQL Server};" & _

"Server=databaseserver\instance;" & _

"Database=databasename;" & _

"user id=username;" & _

"password=password;"

rs=cn.execute ("select rate from fxrate where fromcurrencyid like 'USD' and ToCurrencyId like 'GRD'")

value = rs(0).value

msgbox rs(0).value

From looking at those _SQLite* statements .. it looks like it just makes an SQL database in memory. It doesn't actually connect to a real database.

you are right.

Thats why i am seeking some help to get a way to connect to the existing database

PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't open multiple threaads about the exact same thing.

read the other thread and don't reply in this one, it just gets messy otherwise.

I have replied in the other one with a very similar reply to what I have already told you... Please test it, and don't reply again without having tried.

transferring information back and forth between scripts is very difficult. I looked into this once and found two options

1) Write information into a temporary text file and then read the file with autoit

2) Set an windows environmental variable and reference it.