Can autoit find text?

Can I have Autoit find letters or a line of text like using pixel search?

example ( search(132,193,647,342,findthistext, ) Is this possible?

Someone might be able to provide alternatives if you can describe what you're trying to read text out of? A browser, game, other window...? Unless you're just trying to watch the entire desktop for a particular word to show up or something?

Someone might be able to provide alternatives if you can describe what you're trying to read text out of? A browser, game, other window...? Unless you're just trying to watch the entire desktop for a particular word to show up or something?

Yep find it in a browser, game or any game/ onscreen display. Not like reading text from a .txt file but just finding it in coordinates and then perform an action.

Edit: Can I take a screenshot of the Pattern I am looking and have autoit look for that pattern in my picture and compare till it finds a match?

Edited by implite

Yep find it in a browser, game or any game/ onscreen display. Not like reading text from a .txt file but just finding it in coordinates and then perform an action.

Edit: Can I take a screenshot of the Pattern I am looking and have autoit look for that pattern in my picture and compare till it finds a match?

Like Valuater said, provide a screenshot if you can...

Are you going to scan the same exact spot/coordinates on the screen every time or does the location vary?

Like if this pixel found scan for the next door neighbors pixel from left to right like the very next pixel must be there on the same latitude, if its not continue scanning the screen for a match. Lol, This topic can be closed. If I ever get around to coding something like this ill post it in the Example Scripts. I thought I saw something done in c++ like this before but not really sure. If this was ever done before please lead me the way.

Edited by implite