textarea without a from, How to set data?

oren

this is the source code of the website...

<div id="eingabe">
<h2>File-List</h2>
<label for="todownload">Insert your links here: (max 50 entries)</label><br />
<textarea id="todownload" style="width: 550px; height: 200px;" rows="5" cols="40" onkeyup="limit_rows();"></textarea></div></div>
<div id="hochladen">
  <div align="right" style="font-size: 1.5em; font-weight: bold; color: black; margin: 5px;"><a href="java script:void(0);" onclick="java script:hochladen()">upload</a></div>

</div>
<div id="status"></div>
<div id="verlauf" style="display: none; margin-top: 2em;"></div>
<div id="zusammenfassung_cont" style="display: none; margin-top: 2em;">summary of activity:<br />
<p id="zusammenfassung" style="width: 550px;"></p></div>
</div></div>
</body>

It has a <textarea> box that I need to fill in data in and then I need to click send.

But I cant figer out how to do it because it does not contain a form, What to do?

this is the source code of the website...

<div id="eingabe">
<h2>File-List</h2>
<label for="todownload">Insert your links here: (max 50 entries)</label><br />
<textarea id="todownload" style="width: 550px; height: 200px;" rows="5" cols="40" onkeyup="limit_rows();"></textarea></div></div>
<div id="hochladen">
  <div align="right" style="font-size: 1.5em; font-weight: bold; color: black; margin: 5px;"><a href="java script:void(0);" onclick="java script:hochladen()">upload</a></div>

</div>
<div id="status"></div>
<div id="verlauf" style="display: none; margin-top: 2em;"></div>
<div id="zusammenfassung_cont" style="display: none; margin-top: 2em;">summary of activity:<br />
<p id="zusammenfassung" style="width: 550px;"></p></div>
</div></div>
</body>

It has a <textarea> box that I need to fill in data in and then I need to click send.

But I cant figer out how to do it because it does not contain a form, What to do?

IE treats "name" and "id" interchangeably:
$oTextArea = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "todownload")

^_^

Edit: Oops. ProgAndy is right. I posted without looking in the help file.

Mine above should work for the reason given, but _IEGetObjById() is more direct. IE does treat names and IDs interchangeably, but there can be multiple instances of a given name (hence _IEGetObjByName() has an instance parameter), and only one instance of a given ID (so no instance parameter for _IEGetObjById).

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You should use the proper functions for IDs:

_IEGetObjById($oIE, "todownload")

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes