recording with time delay

I was looking at the AU3Record 3.1, I used it and notice that it doesn't record time, or it's not time dependent. Is there are utility out there that is time dependent?

Here is some background: playing a game that requires alot of running through different zones, it would be nice to enter a zone run a script and come back in 10 mins and the I am at my destination 3 zones away.

The recording doesn't take time delay into the script, so it wants to take all left or right turns at once. Sure I can manually script the whole thing but it would be quiet tedius.

• Developers

I was looking at the AU3Record 3.1, I used it and notice that it doesn't record time, or it's not time dependent. Is there are utility out there that is time dependent?

Here is some background: playing a game that requires alot of running through different zones, it would be nice to enter a zone run a script and come back in 10 mins and the I am at my destination 3 zones away.

The recording doesn't take time delay into the script, so it wants to take all left or right turns at once. Sure I can manually script the whole thing but it would be quiet tedius.

Whats wrong with putting the sleeps() in manually?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Whats wrong with putting the sleeps() in manually?

one zone is very big, i did it for one zone and it look me a few hours. because, there are alot of turns. on top you have to QA the script.

for instance the particular zone i was working on has 48 turns. it takes about 15 mins real time to cross a zone. the sleep pattern is not straight forward, I have to review each turn.

send("{NumPad4}")

sleep(1300)

send("{NumPad6}")

sleep(0800)

send("{NumPad4}")

sleep(0400)

etc....

so I would have stop after a few turns and run the script from the beginning to make sure my own timing is correct. If it was a the same sleep(x) after every turn it would be easy, and i would just do it manually.

• Developers

The idea of au3recorder is to record the proper sequence of keys pressed and mousemoves/clicks, not the exact timing of them.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The idea of au3recorder is to record the proper sequence of keys pressed and mousemoves/clicks, not the exact timing of them.

seems to be the standard, i tried other softwares, and one came close is winautomation, it has an option on play speed, "as recorded" however it doesn't really work, it just plays it back at a slower pace, but not recorded pace.

thanks for the quick reply