WinSetOnTop problems

WinSetOnTop works on some windows, but its doing nothing on others.

The return is 1 (indicating success) and yes, the window exists.

Example: Does not work on a VMware window or a Poker Client lobby.

Any ideas?

Edited by pgrazek

havent used VMware for ages, that is after I found virtualbox. But hire are some ideas:

1) Idea : Try do this by using window handles & not window names

2) Idea: Change to virtualbox

3) Idea: DL the Winhide tool in my Sig & try with it. I dont promise anything, but if im not mistaking its using winhandles to setontop

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

havent used VMware for ages, that is after I found virtualbox. But hire are some ideas:

1) Idea : Try do this by using window handles & not window names

2) Idea: Change to virtualbox

3) Idea: DL the Winhide tool in my Sig & try with it. I dont promise anything, but if im not mistaking its using winhandles to setontop

The code on your script:

WinSetOnTop(HWnd($Handle), "", 1)
WinActivate(HWnd($Handle))

The activate works well, but the window wont stay on top... ^_^

VirtualBox? Never heard of it...

It that good? Better than VMware?

$Handle = 'My window name'

I have virtualbox Installed, So I tried, & WinSetOnTop(HWnd($Handle), "", 1) worked just fine, window was set on top & stayed there.

Virtualbox is free, is easy to use, it does not have extra processes running all the time after you Quit the application, it wont set crap in your windows startup like VMware each ime you start the app. The only Con I can think of is the fact that unlike VMware you have separate window for each virtual machine.

Overall I find virtualbox better than VMware but decide yourself.

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]