Run program minimized

Guest kevito

Guest kevito

Hi, I'm new to autoit and I need some help. I have a game that I'm using with autoit v3 which is only doing mouse click events. I was wondering if there was a way I could minimize that game with autoit still running with it and do other stuff like browse the internet without it affecting the game. thanks.

Hi, I'm new to autoit and I need some help.  I have a game  that I'm using  with autoit v3 which is only doing mouse click events.  I was wondering if there was a way I could minimize that game with autoit still running with it and do other stuff like browse the internet without it affecting the game.  thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your attempting to do what I think you are attempting to do, witch is have the script surf the net and play the game, then this might help:

1. You have the game running in full screen mode, and let the script handle it.

2. In the midst of this, let the script use InetGet to catch and parse the web pages.

You are capable of some simple string manipulation right? Assuming so, you can have it the other way around. Rather then the game being minimized and the browser opened, you have the browser not present at all, and the game in full screen mode.

Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumption of what you want and I will attempt to find an alternate solution witch corresponds with your request.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Edited by AutoElectric

From the book of AutoElectric"Do not accuse another man, without proof, or you too will be accused", Morals 4:21The book of AutoElectric is MY book of morals, and follows biblical teachings.

Guest kevito

What I want to do is just to be able to do other stuff while the game is minimized and running with autoit. Like if I'm browsing the internet and I'm clicking stuff, I don't want to interrupt the autoit click events in the game. I hope I'm being clearer. :)

What I want to do is just to be able to do other stuff while the game is minimized and running with autoit.  Like if I'm browsing the internet and I'm clicking stuff, I don't want to interrupt the autoit click events in the game.  I hope I'm being clearer. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't believe this is possible with AutoIt's present capabilities, perhaps a more experienced member could assist you.

From the book of AutoElectric"Do not accuse another man, without proof, or you too will be accused", Morals 4:21The book of AutoElectric is MY book of morals, and follows biblical teachings.

Maybe you can do it. This is just a WAG (wild-assed guess) as I don't play games myself and wouldn't have a rhyme or reason to test this.

Use WinSetOnTop to put your browser always on top

Use WinMove to move your game waaaay offscreen

Use MouseGetPos to get the last position of the mouse while you were browsing

Use MouseClick set to 0 (for immediate) to do the clicking

Use MouseMove (again at 0) to put your mouse back where it was. should happen so fast you cant see it.

Make sure to either do your clicking relative to the game window's dimensions, or offset the click locations by the amount that you moved the window off screen

If WinSetOnTop(browser) prevents the mouse clicks from actually reaching the game, then just add a WinActivate for the game, then click, then WinActivate your browser again and move the mouse back