AutoItX in BlitzMax

Skrip

Why? AutoIt has all the capabilities for free that BlitzMax will try to make you pay for, along with a rather silly community.

I mean, warm fuzzies are good and all, but there's a limit:

A game about happiness, envy and being a merchant. Play this original puzzle casual game to experience how an inventor feels when you see very sad people become happy as they receive your inventions, but make sure you are not triggering the envy of other people because they will get angry and even more sad.

Straight out of a Valik daydream, amirite? ^_^

Anyway:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=77126

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=50401

Both of those posts cover pretty much any ground you'll need to cross to get AutoItX working with BlitzMax.

Why? AutoIt has all the capabilities for free that BlitzMax will try to make you pay for, along with a rather silly community.

I mean, warm fuzzies are good and all, but there's a limit:

Straight out of a Valik daydream, amirite? ^_^

Anyway:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=77126

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=50401

Both of those posts cover pretty much any ground you'll need to cross to get AutoItX working with BlitzMax.

I am sorry ALL the capabilities? You must be out of your mind....

For one BlitzMax does a crap load more then AutoIt (prime example where is autoit's graphics eh? and don't say A2D or any other dll cause they run like crap in autoit) i will say i love AutoIt cause of its simplicity (i use it for work but prefer BlitzMax for any game programming and more complicated things) but to say its a free version of BlitzMax is foolish.

...That is one game and that does not proove that everyone is that way its like being racist you believe that because one person killed some one else they must all be that way.

[edit]WOOPS! i forgot... do you see AutoIt with multi-threading? uhh nope

P.S im not hating on AutoIt i would say its one of the best free scripting languages out there but its just not BlitzMax or any high-end programming language

Edited by MerkurAlex

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

AutoIt has Au3Irrlicht for 3D, proSpeed for 2D, all sorts of sound scripts, etc. Unless you're working on an AA+ game, AutoIt can pretty much do anything you need it to, from a platformer to a first person shooter. Hell, you could recreate EverQuest in AutoIt. The gist being that BlitzMax is touted as an easy to use scripting language for games... Why not use an easy to use scripting language, and make a game?

Edited by JRowe

AutoIt has Au3Irrlicht for 3D, proSpeed for 2D, all sorts of sound scripts, etc. Unless you're working on an AA+ game, AutoIt can pretty much do anything you need it to, from a platformer to a first person shooter. Hell, you could recreate EverQuest in AutoIt. The gist being that BlitzMax is touted as an easy to use scripting language for games... Why not use an easy to use scripting language, and make a game?

AutoIt would not be able to handle as much as BlitzMax and yes you could do it in AutoIt but i garuntee it would be much faster in BlitzMax and easier to handle a bigger game... unless you want a really small crappy game that runs horribly ^_^ also BlitzMax has a bigger community for gaming by which i mean examples and people that will be able to help with the gaming questions and everyone here does not make games in AutoIt simply cause it was not made for that....

and your still a racist ;)

oh and you say "Hell, you could recreate EverQuest in AutoIt" i would like to see someone try that it would explode in there face even trying to make an incredibly small scale one... not too long ago me and Firestorm did make a game engine with A2D i believe we used and when it had 32X32 tiles it would instantly run like complete crap i mean it was a good game if it didn't have more then 5 images displayed and don't tell me we didn't do it right...

Edited by MerkurAlex

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

I did a paging terrain system with a spaceship that had pseudo infinite terrain, along with a halfway decent flight control system that used software rendering. The performance was fine. The only problems were hiccups in terrain collision that would drop FPS down to 20, which was still acceptable for a rough demo on an on board graphics card. I could rewrite an EverQuest style client/server in about a month, using AutoIt, that implemented more modern techniques like paging terrain, near unlimited view distance, etc.

You could use the same concept as Au3Irrlicht on Ogre3D, or any of the big c/c++ based graphics engines, to create games for windows. The performance is dependent on the library you use, not AutoIt.

This is not because AutoIt is fast, it's because AutoIt can use some really cool libraries.

What is A2D?

I'm not racist, I'm an AutoItist ^_^

Edited by JRowe

I did a paging terrain system with a spaceship that had pseudo infinite terrain, along with a halfway decent flight control system that used software rendering. The performance was fine. The only problems were hiccups in terrain collision that would drop FPS down to 20, which was still acceptable for a rough demo on an on board graphics card. I could rewrite an EverQuest style client/server in about a month, using AutoIt, that implemented more modern techniques like paging terrain, near unlimited view distance, etc.

You could use the same concept as Au3Irrlicht on Ogre3D, or any of the big c/c++ based graphics engines, to create games for windows. The performance is dependent on the library you use, not AutoIt.

This is not because AutoIt is fast, it's because AutoIt can use some really cool libraries.

What is A2D?

I'm not racist, I'm an AutoItist ;)

All im saying is AutoIt is good but BlitzMax was more or less made for games and at some point it will go over AutoIt if you took both and kept adding to them both in the same way with the same library BlitzMax would go way beyond AutoIt... and all in all BlitzMax has a much cleaner way of using libraries like irrlicht its easier to do more complicated things in if you ask me... and if you have not used BlitzMax i don't think you can compare the two...

if you want to proove me wrong go right ahead and make this in AutoIt (http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=youropa.about) with everything that it does... you think that is possible? oh yea almost forgot AutoIt as far as i know does not have a physics library that anyone has imported or whatever BlitzMax has about 7.

[quickedit o.o]forgot to mention ... this is a2d (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...5417&hl=a2d)

[quickedit o.o] yea i know another edit ^_^ BlitzMax = multi platform

Edited by MerkurAlex