installr: Easily install the latest programs with a click of a button

flxfxp

Hey,

I created a program to easily install the latest version of a program by a click of a button.

You just select the programs you want, it will resolve and download the latest version only leaving you to do the setup part.

Posted Image

For more info and to download go here: http://flx.me/installr

Please have a look and tell me what you think/need ^_^

Regards,

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty good -

Since this is an AutoIt forum - would you mind posting the source? I would like to be able to add programs to the list, and I would post my additions to the script for you.

Thanks,

-z

I would consider:

Making the Installr program just a base shell, first thing it does is check for updates (to itself). "Updates" would be a variable list, so you could add Checkbox's for new programs, and if the the program download link changed, it would be included in the "Update" that is downloaded. That way, anyone who installs your program - only has to install it once, and you can provide new programs to show up on the list whenever you want, and modify the download links when they are changed. It would make it easier to add Firefox extensions, etc.

Apps I would consider adding:

F.lux

Greenshot

Dropbox

TightVNC

WinMerge

Pidgin

VLC

PDFCreator

Paint.Net

Unlocker

Universal Extractor

I could add them to your source and email them to you, but if you want to look at adding an update script to grab the latest "definitions" if you will, it would be easier for me to update that.

Let me know.

• 4 weeks later...