Playing with 1gig+ binaries

Anyone got any UDF's, links or code samples?

Right now I can do (split, trim, concatenate) thou slowly...so if someone has some fast code I'd love to see it as I'm doing things with 5mb packets right now.

Lastly I'm looking for a fast way to pad out a binary file with null bytes to a give size.

I did find APITailRW but for some reason it throws an exception on my system.

Thanks a head of time for any help with this. ^_^

Look at the winapi standard UDF, _WinAPI_CreateFile(), _WinAPI_SetFilePointer(), _WinAPI_ReadFile(), _WinAPI_WriteFile() and _WinAPI_CloseHandle() are the relevant functions. Just created a UDF yesterday to handle filepointers for files > 4 GB ^_^...

Func _WinAPI_SetFilePointerEx($hFile, $iPos, $iMethod = 0)
    ; Set filepointer for files > 4 GB
    ; by KaFu
    Local $aResult
    $aResult = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "dword", "SetFilePointerEx", "hwnd", $hFile, "uint64", $iPos, "uint64*", 0, "dword", $iMethod)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    If $aResult[0] = $__WINAPCONSTANT_INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1)
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_SetFilePointer
Edited by KaFu

• 2 months later...

KaFu, this definitely should be submitted to be added to the standard UDF's. Who nowadays doesn't have >4GB files on their PC's?

Thanks for this UDF though - I missed it until I was looking at your superlong signature :) (which is cool though - I think everyone should include signatures with stuff they've done and useful links)