Autoit scripts not working on my vista laptop.

For some reason autoit scripts don't work on my vista laptop, I run them but nothing happens. I've heard of this happening to someone else aswell.

I have an online game running and the script should be clicking stuff in the game window, the game window is selected but nothing happens. I'm sure there's a simple fix to this, a setting on my machine must be wrong or something.

For some reason autoit scripts don't work on my vista laptop, I run them but nothing happens. I've heard of this happening to someone else aswell.

I have an online game running and the script should be clicking stuff in the game window, the game window is selected but nothing happens. I'm sure there's a simple fix to this, a setting on my machine must be wrong or something.

Add #RequireAdmin

"This function was primarily aimed at allowing AutoIt scripts to work correctly with Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC) (However, will also work on Windows 2000 and Windows XP)."

Add #RequireAdmin

"This function was primarily aimed at allowing AutoIt scripts to work correctly with Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC) (However, will also work on Windows 2000 and Windows XP)."

Is there a way to just turn off windows vista user account control? I don't need it, I have other vista machines and scripts work fine on those.

Disable UAC

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Enable UAC

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

After you enable or disable UAC, you will have to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

You can also enable or disable this from the Control Panel if you choose Link