Pixel color and keypresses

Hey, im really new to auto-it, and im just wondering if there was a possible way to find the color of a set pixel, and use a certain key depending on what it is.

The main thing is that it wont be the active window, and was wondering if it was possible to send a key to that specific (non-active) window instead of the active one.

Im assuming for the pixel color, their just cant be anything in front of it, which isnt a problem.

Thanks

Edited by diablo1903

• Developers

Let me guess: You did an extensive search on these forums and found out that you must be the first asking this... right ?

^_^

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Controlsend()

pixlegetcolor()

sorry jos for ruining your fun

• Developers

sorry jos for ruining your fun

You didn't .. he is all yours. Success with explaining the commands you just posted and making that work. ^_^

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Controlsend (FROM HELPFILE)

ControlSend ( "title", "text", controlID, "string" [, flag] )

title - The title of the window to access.

text - The text of the window to access.

controlID - The control to interact with. See Controls.

string - String of characters to send to the control.

flag - [optional] Changes how "keys" is processed:

flag = 0 (default), Text contains special characters like + to indicate SHIFT and {LEFT} to indicate left arrow.

flag = 1, keys are sent raw.

Return Value

Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0 if window/control is not found.

Remarks

ControlSend works in a similar way to Send but it can send key strokes directly to a window/control, rather than just to the active window.

ControlSend is only unreliable for command prompts as that works differently to normal windows (seems to check physical states rather than accepting the keystroke messages). For normal windows ControlSend should be way more reliable than a normal Send - and yes it does send shift, ctrl, alt etc.

As mention in the Send help the keyboard that send different chars when in CAPS LOCK and using the Shift Key cannot be simulated. An example is the Czech Keyboard. A good workaround is to use the ControlSetText.

The control might first need to be given focus with the ControlFocus command, specially when referencing an controlID created by the script itself.

Opt("SendKeyDelay",...) alters the the length of the brief pause in between sent keystrokes.

Opt("SendKeyDownDelay",...) alters the length of time a key is held down before being released during a keystroke.

lol hope some of that helps

• Developers

Controlsend (FROM HELPFILE)

lol hope some of that helps

My conclusions:

what are the odds that a member called diablo1903 will be making a bot for a game? (diablo??)

How many controls do you think there will be on a games window?

How would you use pixelgetcolor() on a hidden/minimized window?

Jos - out...

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

true... once again.. like in my sig.. helpfile is your best friend.. oh and the forums help too ^_^

and humper

the title is the windows TITLE the text is whats in the window.. like controls and text

Edited by CodyBarrett

• Developers

Still don't really getting it ^_^

Title is: Mozilla Firefox

Text is: Pixel color and keypresses - autoit forums

or do I get this wrong?

Please read the helpfile on this which clearly explains the difference between searching the Window Title and the text in the window itself.

This thread needs to go back on the OP's topic.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

My conclusions:

what are the odds that a member called diablo1903 will be making a bot for a game? (diablo??)

How many controls do you think there will be on a games window?

How would you use pixelgetcolor() on a hidden/minimized window?

Jos - out...

It essentially is a bot of sorts, but its not for Diablo. The type of thing I'm making should really be a lot simpler then that, more like:

if pixel x is red, press b. if pixel x is blue, press c.

Just something extremely simple like that, my question wasn't essentially of how to do it, just a general question of if it was possible to check the color of a minimized/inactive window, and to send keypress' to it.

As for the searching comment- I didn't think id be able to find a simple yes/no answer with a certain code line id be able to use, without finding an entirely made bot. As if I found a made one, my laziness would force me to use that instead of making one (Which I don't want to happen)

Also just as another small question, is it possible to move a specified window to a pre-set point on the screen?