Triangle Solver 2.0

Mat

I recently posted an extra formula for Monoceres' script in that thread, but now I've completely revamped the graphics etc, so I'm re releasing the new one in my own little thread ;)

The script can now also run on its own, it doesn't need the picture like the other one did. This is my first real use of GDI+, and I don't know if its the right way to do it, but it works, and it looks reasonable. There is also probably a better way to do all the inputs, rather than me using trial and error!

Download link

Downloads so far shown on downloads page.

Any more ideas for functionality? I am working on making it look more proffessional, I am going to try make it into a proper program, i might also see if i can redraw the triangle everytime... ^_^

thanks to monoceres, I have left most of his original functions intact, preferring to work around them, rather than remaking them.

Mat

Updated download link @ 12 March 2010

Edited by Mat

Nice graphics! Though its kinda a pain to enter data quickly into because pressing tab jumps around out of order. Try changing the order which you create the input boxes.

Also it still suffers from the sidea = 1 sideb = 2 aangle = 30 bangle = 60 cangle = 90 glitch. I fixed that and posted the correction in the old thread if your intrested.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

right then...

I'm not sure what oreder would be best for the inputs, so I have it starting at angle C and going round in a circle, it was going in a kinda order before, but I know exactly what you mean. found another random thing... if you input all the sides, it comes up with a message box saying "2", and again with another function. Did you put them there for testing Smstroble? or is it monoceres? either way, they are not in the new code. You weren't rounding your functions either, so I fixed that too.

I am working on a sort of v3, don't expect anything soon, as its going to redraw the triangle for you, and its hard.

Thank you systroble, That was an error I hadn't paid much attention too, and needed fixing. I believe it is working now.

The first post now links to updated source. The zip will follow shortly.

MDiesel

added!! I had the same problem, it confused me when a = 1 and b = 2 and c = 675394856934 !!

I have also added variable rounding, so you can set it. I will make the settings tab soon. Done!! ^_^

Please also note the zip is still the old one.

MDiesel

(Edit: due to me constantly updating now with new stuff. this is officially 2.3) 2.4

another edit: @smstroble - yep thought so!

Major edit: It now never changes inputted values. so the whole a = 1 and b = 2 angle c = 90.0012 thing is over ;) script updated. now 2.5, and no longer new.

major edit part 2. Now uses mostly arrays, and _MathFinishTriangle is it's own little UDF :(. now 2.6.

V3 is coming along nicely, I am busy trawling through making all the menu's etc.

Edited by mdiesel

Very nice!! Is there a way to make the lines change colour too? I'm no good with GDI+, so I wouldn't know ^_^

Minor problem is that is does not hghlight after the first click... I fixed that. I also tidied up some of the code, using a few more for next loops rather than repeating lines.

MDiesel

Script updated @ top.