Can autoit do mouse clicks in internet explorer?

The solution is to open the help file to User Defined Functions >> IE Management and see the functionality that's available to you.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Can you post what you have so far?

Also have a look at MouseCoordMode in the help file as it is important to know.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

The solution is to open the help file to User Defined Functions >> IE Management and see the functionality that's available to you.

- Thanks =-)

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
While 1=1
MouseDown(1080,788)
Sleep(500)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(722,435)
Sleep(500)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(794,601)
Sleep(500)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(794,601)
Sleep(500)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(784,597)
Sleep(500)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(790,642)
Sleep(3000)
WEnd

Trying to make those clicks work in IE

-Thanks!

Edited by meowbits

MouseMove and MouseClick. _IELinkClickByIndex will not work - the help file explains why.

Use the info tool to get the mouse coords and then look at the provided examples.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

You can use _IELinkClickByIndex to iterate through the links you want to select. You will have to use _IELinkGetCollection to do this.

This will remove the need for the mouse. Once you get the array, use _ArrayDisplay to see what links where captured.

Edit: _IELinkClickByText has a good example - you should be able to go from there.

Edited by bo8ster

Use MouseClick then.

If you have questions you post them on the forum. Do NOT PM me your questions! You have your answer, go try it, if you have trouble post you code with your questions on the thread.

If you have questions you post them on the forum. Do NOT PM me your questions! You have your answer, go try it, if you have trouble post you code with your questions on the thread.

This thing about PMs asking for help is becoming an increasingly common issue. You took the right path here, redirect them to the forums.

Also NO CODE == NO HELP.

I've blocked a few people over this issue.

I don't mind PMs asking for help when the person has tried and failed and at least attempted to read the help file. The ones that annoy me are the ones that send the "Can you write xxxx for me?" messages and you look at their profile and it says something like Joined 20 minutes ago. They didn't read the help file in 20 minutes.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Not asking you to write the code for me, I just asked which type to use. You subconsciously assume that I want you to do it all for me. Ambiguity.

Dont reply. This is a waste of time.

Edited by meowbits

Not asking you to write the code for me, I just asked which type to use. You subconsciously assume that I want you to do it all for me. Ambiguity.

Dont reply. This is a waste of time.

I wasn't even thinking of you in that reply. It was a general observation in regards to bo8sters reply. That's why I quoted his reply.

George

This thing about PMs asking for help is becoming an increasingly common issue. You took the right path here, redirect them to the forums.

Also NO CODE == NO HELP.

I've blocked a few people over this issue.

I don't mind PMs asking for help when the person has tried and failed and at least attempted to read the help file. The ones that annoy me are the ones that send the "Can you write xxxx for me?" messages and you look at their profile and it says something like Joined 20 minutes ago. They didn't read the help file in 20 minutes.

Thanks for the feedback. From what I have read in other threads I understand that PMing questions is not on her - personally I don't like it for general questions. If this is different, please let me know so I won't be so harsh the next time.

What I found annoying is PMing the same question posted a little after it was posted (I was at lunch at the time and had 2 questions PMed when I got back).

For anyone else reading this - ppl will reply when they can, PMing is not going to speed up the response of a volunteer esp if they are having lunch.