cvsWrapper using SVN issue

Dear community,

unfortunately I am not able to get cvsWrapper up and running. I already googled the forum but couldn't find a how-to for dummies.

I followed the steps on cvsWrapper help page.

1. I downloaded and installed the binary package for windows from here to the default directroy "%ProgramFiles%\CollabNet Subversion Server". I only installed svnserve server (not the Apache option).

CollabNetSubversion-server-1.6.1-2.win32.exe

2. I downloaded and installed TortoiseSVN from here into the default directory "%ProgramFiles%\TortoiseSVN".

TortoiseSVN-1.6.1.16129-win32-svn-1.6.1.msi

3. I appended the lines to SciTEUser.properties and the three additional options in the Tools menu appear (CVS Update Source, CVS Diff Source, CVS Open Source Directory) as expected.

4. I created a repository in C:\Software\Repository via Explorer right click on that folder TortoiseSVN | Create repository here. It prompts that it was created successfully.

Opening an au3 script in SciTE4AutoIT and pressing F12 shows the cvsWrapper window. It gives me the option to chose the Target default repository directory. If I point to C:\Software\Repository the Use SVN button is still greyed out and it shows the status "SVN NOT installed. Click to download.".

I am sure that I missed something but cannot find the answer.

In the cvsWrapper.au3 script I found that the registry hive HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\svn.exe is checked but it is not there on my system.

It would be great if someone could share the knowledge of setting up the SVN environment correctly. What is the recommended procedure to follow in order to get the AutoIT scripts under subversion control?

Thank you very much in advance.

All the best,

Jorge

• Developers

The cvsWrapper is build around the binaries listed in the Helppage you found.

It seems you are using a different SVN binaries package so it could very well be that my script needs to be adapted to recognize the version you use.

Any reason for using a different set of SVN binaries?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The cvsWrapper is build around the binaries listed in the Helppage you found.

It seems you are using a different SVN binaries package so it could very well be that my script needs to be adapted to recognize the version you use.

Any reason for using a different set of SVN binaries?

Wow, thanks a lot for the fast respond, Jos!!

Well, the helppage links to a list of ZIP archives. Thus I jumped from there to Project home | Windows binaries. There are some packages listed and I downloaded the first one...

Ok, this seems to be my problem. Where am I supposed to extract the ZIP archive to?

The latest release of Subversion is 1.6.1 - which is the version number of the TortoiseSVN package (TortoiseSVN-1.6.1.16129-win32-svn-1.6.1.msi) - but the latest ZIP archive on the page you link to from the help page is version 1.5.6 (svn-win32-1.5.6.zip).

Do you think it is safe to use this combination?

• 6 months later...

Dear community,

unfortunately I am not able to get cvsWrapper up and running. [...]

I am sure that I missed something but cannot find the answer.

In the cvsWrapper.au3 script I found that the registry hive HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\svn.exe is checked but it is not there on my system.

I managed with TortoiseCVS, but TortoiseSVN's path is not found by cvsWrapper. After installing Subversion cvsWrapper still didn't see the path. Accidentally I found the right path. Only one difference is, that the path is in HKCU :-)

So, after installing Subversion, changing path for SVN to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\svn.exe in cvsWrapper.au3, adding

#include<StaticConstants.au3>
#include<WindowsConstants.au3>

and compiling to .exe - then should work properly :-)

Edited by monter

monter.FM [font="Tahoma;"]Full programs:[/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"] LogOnOff - keeps alive user session, after set time it performs logoff (instead of locking [acronym="Personal Computer"]PC[/acronym], useful in some corporations working with [acronym="Active Directory"]AD[/acronym]).[/font] ČharCönvěr - character set converter. [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]CDTray - automated opening/closing the [acronym="Compact Disc"]CD[/acronym] tray.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]Example scripts: [/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]RecentFolders - managing recently used folder list with combobox.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]AutoUpdater - periodic auto-checking, auto-updating and auto-relaunching newest script version.[/font] Changed host from monter.homeip.net to monter.homenet.org - replace address in my scripts to get back them to work.

• Developers

I managed with TortoiseCVS, but TortoiseSVN's path is not found by cvsWrapper. After installing Subversion cvsWrapper still didn't see the path. Accidentally I found the right path. Only one difference is, that the path is in HKCU :-)

So, after installing Subversion, changing path for SVN to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\svn.exe in cvsWrapper.au3, adding

and compiling to .exe - then should work properly :-)

Looks like the changed it in a release because I have both Reg keys now. I will update this in the script.

The 2 Includes are already in (my) latest version.

Thanks

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 year later...

Dear Community,

I have nearly the same problem with Win7 (64 bit Client) as JorgeW. Main difference is that I use more recent versions:

Localy installed:

TortoiseSVN 1.6.16, Build 21511 - 64 Bit , 2011/06/01 19:00:35

Subversion 1.6.17

On Server:

CollabNetSubversionEdge-2.0.1

To complete here my steps:

1. I downloaded and installed the binary package for windows from here to the default directroy "%ProgramFiles%\CollabNet Subversion Server". I installed full version on a server.

2. I downloaded and installed TortoiseSVN with default options from here into the default directory "%ProgramFiles%\TortoiseSVN". I set DefaultCheckoutPath und DefaultCheckoutURL to the corresponding directory.

3. I appended the lines to SciTEUser.properties and the three additional options in the Tools menu appear (CVS Update Source, CVS Diff Source, CVS Open Source Directory) as expected.

4. I created a repository in "C:\Users\<Username>\Eigener SourceCode & Beispiele\SVN" via Explorer right click on that folder TortoiseSVN | Create repositorysnapshot from the server here. It is working fine with the normal Tortoise Explorer-integration.

5. I controlled that the lines below are included in the cvsWrapper.au3 (so I didn't had to recompile the sourcecode)

6. The Registrykey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\svn.exe wasn't set on my machine, even creating and setting such a key helps.

7. As far as I can see a csvwrapper.ini was never generated on my machine.

Opening an au3 script in SciTE4AutoIT and pressing F12 shows the cvsWrapper window. It gives me the option to chose the Target default repository directory. If I point to C:\Software\Repository the Use SVN button is still greyed out and it shows the status "SVN NOT installed. Click to download.".

I am sure that I missed something but cannot find the answer. Maybe there is something missing, Keys are renamed (like RootDir could be Directory now), this is an issue with the missing cvswrapper.ini or a Windows 7 may have additional influence.

It would be great if someone could share the knowledge of setting up the SVN environment correctly. What is the recommended procedure to follow in order to get the AutoIT scripts under subversion control?

Peter

• Developers

What version of cvsWrapper are you running and what OS version?

Set this line in cvsWrapper.ini:

Debug=1

and check/share the content of the log file created in the cvswrapper directory.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hello Jos

There is also no cvswrapper folder in the AppData or Application Data subfolder.

Posted Image

Looking at the source code Debug-Switch must be placed in Section [Main]. So I created a cvswrapper.ini file in the cvswrapper.ini programm folder by hand only containing 2 lines (1 with section name and 1 with debug option)

Running cvswrapper creates the error message that no cvs or svn is found.

Posted Image

But after that there is no log file found in cvswrapper programmfolder or in a AppData or Application Data subfolder.

Posted Image

Peter

Edited by PapaPeter

Hello Jos,

after further investigation it seem to me that at least registry paths are different on Win 7 64bit clients, e.g. WinMerge is found under

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\WinMerge.exe

For TortoiseSVN I found following registry keys on my machine that be be of interest:

* Base Directory (maybe the same as RootDir for TortoiseCSV) HKLM\Software\TortoiseSVN\Directory

* and HKLM\Software\TortoiseSVN\ProcPath

Peter