remote login does not work :-(

Hi,

I tried the below code for remote login to work and it did not work :-(

Send("san{ENTER}{ASC 115}{ASC 100}{ASC 112}{ASC 49}{ASC 50}{ASC 51}{ENTER}")

which includes both the username and password.

The same works when I try it with FTP, with the same username and password but not with telnet.

Regards,

Sundeep.

Actually I am trying to upload a file to a remote server using command prompt and access that file through remote login by using telnet command in command prompt.

If I run the command externally like,

telnet i.p

username: san

password: ******

I am able to successfully able to login but if I include the above in the auto it script and execute it, it wont work. That is where I am facing the problem.

I tried using FTP.au3 UDF and till the point I reached ftpput, everything seemed to work fine but finally it didn't upload the file.

I noticed that many of them had the same problem in this forum. So, scrapped the idea of using the UDF and instead switched to uploading from command prompt. However the other command compsec, I didn't understand, how it would have been usable. So didn't try it. Had I used FTP UDF also, I would have again taken the help of command line for telnet, since Autoit does not help in using telnet.

Thanks guys for your suggestion, let me try *compsec*, and check out my luck if it works, in the mean time, if you have anything to tell, please reply.

If your set on using telnet or whatever I won't stop you. I think your code was more the problem. The (updated) UDF works fine, and I believe there are other methods of upload floating around.

If that still fails, try using I/O streams from telnet. You will see this in the example for StdinWrite, StdoutRead etc.

Cheers,

Brett