Need help

Ok, I was wondering how I could make it so that AutoIt 3.0 will detect if an error happens when running a game. I'm trying to make it so that if the bot is trying to login, and it receives an error, the bot will stop.

Is this possible?

Ok, I was wondering how I could make it so that AutoIt 3.0 will detect if an error happens when running a game. I'm trying to make it so that if the bot is trying to login, and it receives an error, the bot will stop.

Is this possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the login error box appears in the same position every time and the OK/CANCEL button(s) are a different colour than the background, I'd use PixelSearch to search for the button. Providing that no other dialogue boxes appear there. You'd also have to use PixelSearch to test for a correct login sequence.

The other option is to build an OCR.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Would Pixelsearch check for the "text information" that the error box pops up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, Pixelsearch is only for colour detection. You could use pixelsearch to create an OCR (optical character reader) to read the text, but it is a very daunting task.

So, do you have any other good ideas I can use to read the "error" from the game?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really, if the Window Spy can't see the text, then there's really no way to get it. You could try a ControlGetText on the field, but ... I really don't think that will work. It's worth a try though.