Newly added files monitor

Hello,

I'm thinking about writing a script that recursively monitors a directory for newly added files. Can any of you share your infinite wisdom on how to do this (efficiently)?

Thanks and regards,

Dennis

Hi,

just store name, size and timestamp in an array and then loop through it and compare to the actual dir.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

a combination of _FileListToArray () and FileGetTime () should do the trick such as:

$array = _FileListToArray($sPath, "")
For $n = 1 to UBound ($array) - 1
     $time = FileGetTime($sPath & $array[$n], 1)
     If $time[3] & ":" & $time[4] > $Currtime Then FileWriteLine ($sLog, $iline, $sPath & $array[$n])
Next

This is very rough and I know it won't work like this but it should give you a general idea...lemme know if u have any questions about it.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

now has recently add and removed.

#include<array.au3>
#include<file.au3>
#Include <Misc.au3>
$array = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir&"\test\")
$not_found=0
do 

sleep(1000)

$array2= _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir&"\test\")

if $array2[0]>=$array[0] Then

for $c=1 to UBound($array2)-1

$seach=_ArraySearch($array,$array2[$c])
if @error Then
    $not_found=1
    ConsoleWrite("The file "&$array2[$c]& " Has recently been added"&@Lf)
EndIf
Next
Else
for $c=1 to UBound($array)-1

$seach=_ArraySearch($array2,$array[$c])
if @error Then
    $not_found=1
    ConsoleWrite("The file "&$array[$c]& " Has recently been removed"&@Lf)

endif
Next
EndIf

if $not_found=1 Then
$array = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir&"\test\")
$not_found=0
EndIf
until _IsPressed("1B")

If you want to get down and geeky on it, there are scripts posted that monitor FileSystemObject (FSO) events for creation/deletion of files. Search is your friend.

^_^

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If you want to get down and geeky on it, there are scripts posted that monitor FileSystemObject (FSO) events for creation/deletion of files. Search is your friend.

;)

Thats what I am thinking about. I'm currently working with the inotify stack in linux which does that too ^_^ I think WMI can do it too.

Thanks for some of the examples guys!