Activeselection()

trids

Is there a way to have Autoit fire up and access some previously selected text from a specified window? :whistle:

Example

With the browser displaying a news article, I want to select a word and then call up an au3 script that will take the active selection and launch a new browser with the URL:

"http://www.google.com/search?q=whazzat"

...where whazzat is where the selection would appear.

Any ideas? B)

Or is this a new feature? :angry:

Yea, you could always load a autoit script in the backround that would say use control alt G or something to send a ^c and then open a new browser to the google search. B)

I :whistle: very often as well. Usually from some well documented function I missed completelly.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Yea, you could always load a autoit script in the backround that would say use control alt G or something to send a ^c and then open a new browser to the google search.

I know - that's all I could think of, and couldn't see my way around it. :whistle: Thank goodness for simple solutions! Even if we can't always find them

B)

Ack, I've (almost) missed a perfectly good opportunity to plug Mozilla FireFox

Mozilla doesn't quite support your request out-of-the-box (it comes close) but there are a number of extensions available--and I'm sure I've seen one that do what you're wanting.

- open source, cross-platform web-browser

- tabbed browsing!!!

- pop-up blocking / javascript control / ad-blocking extensions

- keyword searches in the address bar* and bookmark keywords

*Examples on my Mozilla setup:

go <term> Search google for <term>

di <term> Search dictionary.com for <term>

auto - Go to AutoIt's forum

/. Go to www.slashdot.org

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Firefox is the name given to the 0.8 version of the program. They had to change it because of possible copyright issues. It was originally Phoenix. Then they changed the name to Firebird with the 0.6 release. All the documentation point to it staying with the Firefox name for the 1.0 release (thank God).

I don't know, I just use it and love it!

Edited by jbreetz
JB

Yea, I have been using Mozilla since I can't remember when, it has been stable for quite a while. I Started using Firebird about the day it came out, and loved it ever since. FireFox has a few minor improvements, like a new installer.

I have done a bunch of custom things for Mozilla in the past to get rid of popup windows, adds, and such, but I haven't needed to ever since the first Firebird version.

I never thought of doing any addin with AutoIt3, I will have to think about it now :whistle:

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.