Need help in accessing the GUI contents column wise

Hi,

Iam trying to Automate an GUI for Testing and found AutoIT very useful for my project execution.

Since I am new to this tool I need help from you all!!!

I have a GUI screen which has to be automated and also extract the data and store in a file.(since its customer specific i cnnt share the Screen shot of the GUI)

I 've been trying to access the data using "User Defined Function"(like GUIListBoxManagment,GUIListViewManagment..)

iam not successfull in extracting the values.

Please ,let me know if my approach is correct ?If worng how should i go abot extracting the values from the GUI.

Thanks & Regards,

Anupama N

Is the GUI you are trying to extract data from made with autoit? Can you generate some test data and show the source code and screen shots?

The GUI iam trying to extract data is not made with autoit.Our GUI is rich in MFC controls n Active X Controls(basically VC++).

Since it is customer specific i cannot share the screen shot. Iam able to automate the GUI for different by given input but validating the input accordingly and extracting the data is a problem.Iam facing problem getting the handle of the GUI.Our GUI has a main window with sub windows with it.I can get the handle of the main window but for the subwindow i m not able to fetch the handle.Most of the Autoit function i need topass the handle as the reference !!!!!!!

hope iam able give u some input which might give u some light to share ur comments.

plz help me..........

thanks in advance