Ribbon like Office 2007 ?

Not so far it seems. I've been looking for that myself since last night. I was even wondering about embedding the dot net control.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

hmm, Microsoft is trying to get a patent on the WPF Ribbon Control, and currently one has to go through a bit of procedures to use it in their visual studio / etc projects here u get a license to use the UI methods in your project and microsoft would always be able to dictate the methods , properties , limitations on the control object(?)

and of course, we would need a bit of workaround to see how far it can be implemented in autoit.

detailed examples : third party Microsoft

Edited by rajeshontheweb

hmm, Microsoft is trying to get a patent on the WPF Ribbon Control, and currently one has to go through a bit of procedures to use it in their visual studio / etc projects here u get a license to use the UI methods in your project and microsoft would always be able to dictate the methods , properties , limitations on the control object(?)

and of course, we would need a bit of workaround to see how far it can be implemented in autoit.

detailed examples : third party Microsoft

Thank you for your replay, anyone know if it exists a another control like the one of Micro$oft ?

Thank you for your replay, anyone know if it exists a another control like the one of Micro$oft ?

I've seen some C# for creating one but the minimum OS is Win 7 I think.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

I may be thinking too simply, but...depending on what exact parts of the ribbon you wanted to emulate, couldn't you just use a tab control positioned at the top of the window with buttons on it? If you wanted to "minimize" the ribbon, I'm sure you could hide the tab control and unhide a similarly-formatted menu bar at the top of your GUI...

Not that I've tried...I'm just thinking out loud.

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

I may be thinking too simply, but...depending on what exact parts of the ribbon you wanted to emulate, couldn't you just use a tab control positioned at the top of the window with buttons on it? If you wanted to "minimize" the ribbon, I'm sure you could hide the tab control and unhide a similarly-formatted menu bar at the top of your GUI...

I think you're right, but more importantly and a bit off topic-

Is there some significance of

ENQ BEL BS SO CR DCQ v ! n

;5 7 8 14 13 18 86 33 110

?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

There you go! You've been looking for something to do.

George

I think you're right, but more importantly and a bit off topic-

Is there some significance of

?

What do you mean by "Is there some significance of"? They are represented by the Chr() numbers you have below them. Do you mean are they still in use? In that case Yes.

George

hmm, looking at the talks about the patent, i am unsure if microsft does succeed in the patent being filed, its gonna be a patented concept rather than just the dll ? aint it. in that case, even our own emulation , if it matches the output very closely, might be an issue. anyways, i would strongly think that keeping away its concept working model, which is entirely new, we could easily emulate the output just using the controls our way. only to use it in line with the conceptual guidelines, we might need to get involved with microsoft.

What do you mean by "Is there some significance of"? They are represented by the Chr() numbers you have below them. Do you mean are they still in use? In that case Yes.

No, you misunderstood. In jams3mg's signature he has the ASCII codes in binary for his name and on the second line he has those codes. So iI just wondered why.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

No, you misunderstood. In jams3mg's signature he has the ASCII codes in binary for his name and on the second line he has those codes. So iI just wondered why.

Well, they don't make much sense themselves, do they? Maybe they have something to do with the line above it ... :party:

Let's finish this in PM if you wish so as not to hijack the thread :)

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

This subject makes me think that it might be worth looking into loading the ribbon from a external dll. Question is whether anyone has released a free/open-source version? So far I've only come across commercial ones alike: http://www.componentsource.com/products/bc.../index-gbp.html

EDIT Look at the demo on: http://www.menendezpoo.com/a.php?h=a4905e870cd806 it seems to load a fully functional Ribbon system from an external DLL file (download on the upper right on page) - and it is Open Source :) Can anyone validate whether this is loadable from within AutoIt?! (sorry I don't have the dll call skills needed)

Edited by Sunaj

George

we do have a great tool available with us already, the visual autoit debugger, but i think thats visual studio.

literally thats what i said, once microsoft gets to file the patent registration. i would think microsoft will make the dll file publicly available (sans registration et all) and then we will be able to device UDFs to use all the dll functionalities just like we do with any other microsoft api.

• 7 months later...

This subject makes me think that it might be worth looking into loading the ribbon from a external dll. Question is whether anyone has released a free/open-source version? So far I've only come across commercial ones alike: http://www.componentsource.com/products/bc.../index-gbp.html

EDIT Look at the demo on: http://www.menendezpoo.com/a.php?h=a4905e870cd806 it seems to load a fully functional Ribbon system from an external DLL file (download on the upper right on page) - and it is Open Source :D Can anyone validate whether this is loadable from within AutoIt?! (sorry I don't have the dll call skills needed)

Doesn't look like it is, as it doesn't have a IDispatch interface, and cannot be registered on the system. I too am looking for a simliar functionality, as it would add greatly to my ticketing interface i'm creating.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

There is a Office 2007 Bar UDF project on German AutoIt site: RibbonsBar

Have a look!

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

There is a Office 2007 Bar UDF project on German AutoIt site: RibbonsBar

Have a look!

UEZ

Looks good. I guess nobody wants to translate it to English and post it here though.

George

Looks good. I guess nobody wants to translate it to English and post it here though.

Ok, sounds like my next project, loads up the post...

Bah, it's just an immitation, not actually the real objects.

It just LOOKS like it cuz it uses images.

Edited by zackrspv

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Ok, sounds like my next project, loads up the post...

Bah, it's just an immitation, not actually the real objects.

It just LOOKS like it cuz it uses images.

But it looks very good!

Btw, you do not have to use it if you don't like this method of "immitation" the ribbon bar!

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ