Does AutoIt work with a KVM switch?

• Developers

Hi,

Is it ok to use a KVM switch with autoit if you're using things like pixelsearch,send, and mouseclick?

Thanks

Don;t see what the relation could be with a KVM switch and AutoIt3, but I am open for new things..... explain... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Don;t see what the relation could be with a KVM switch and AutoIt3, but I am open for new things..... explain... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switch If you don't know what one is, but if you mean explain why I'm asking this question then: I'm pretty sure using a KVM switch basically disconnects your Mouse and Keyboard and uses it on another computer.. so say if I wanted to do something on one computer, and use autoit on the other computer (practically disconnecting the mouse and keyboard from the computer that's using autoit), would it affect autoit's performance in anyway?

• Developers

I am well aware what a KVM switch is and the come in many flavors.

You will have to at least specified what type you are using.

When you mean to ask if AutoIt will continue when you run a script on PC1 and have a hardware KVM switching the Keyboard/Mouse/Screen to another PC then the answer is yes.

Have you tried anything yet?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I am well aware what a KVM switch is and the come in many flavors.

You will have to at least specified what type you are using.

When you mean to ask if AutoIt will continue when you run a script on PC1 and have a hardware KVM switching the Keyboard/Mouse/Screen to another PC then the answer is yes.

Have you tried anything yet?

Jos

Cool.

Well it'll be USB, but that's all I know, it should be in the mail tommorow, but if you say it works then that's all good. If it doesn't work I'll be sure to report back and say, incase somone might be getting one for the purpose of AutoIt.

AutoIt will still only be running on the sytem that it started on so when you use the KVM you wont see any message boxes or the like until you switch back.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"