Problems with including Textfile under Windows Server 2003/Vist

Hey out there,

I'm new to AutoIt and I wrote a small backupscript for a MSSQL-Database and some files.

The script should be used by our customers so I want them to edit a textfile with some variables to their need and the compiled script to just include the textfile.

That's the way I tried...

Backup.au3:

;Includes for functions _RunDOS and _Now()
#Include <Process.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include "Variables.txt"
#RequireAdmin

;BallonTip backup start
TrayTip("Backup aktiv","ADAMS Backup startet, Datenbank und elektronische Akte werden gesichert.",5,2)

;Shutdown SQL-Server, copy database files and restart SQL-Server
_RunDOS("net stop " & $sqlinstancename)
FileCopy($dirsqlserver & "\" & $dbname, $dirbackupdb & "\" & $dbname, 1)
FileCopy($dirsqlserver & "\" & $dblogname, $dirbackupdb & "\" & $dblogname, 1)
_RunDOS("net start " & $sqlinstancename)

;Copy files of "Elekotronische Akte"
DirCopy($direakte, $dirbackupeakte, 1)

;If not exists, create logfile and insert outcome
$file = FileOpen($dirlogfile & "\" & $logfilename, 1)
FileWrite($file, _Now() & ": ADAMS Backup erfolgreich erstellt. " & "Datenbank gesichert nach: " & $dirbackupdb & " ; Dateien elektronische Akte gesichert nach: " & $dirbackupeakte & @CRLF)
FileClose($file)

;BallonTip backup end
TrayTip("Backup beendet","ADAMS Backup erfolgreich beendet, Logfile aktualisiert.",5,1)
Sleep(5000)oÝ÷ Ø Ý¶¯j¸nW¬~íë®*mj·©§v)íè§r[y×âꮢÕZ®&ë-ÆÚ®¢ÛajÙh¢K%G­+ºÚ"µÍÐ]HÜÙ[ÚYHYÙH]ZH[ZHY?ÜÙH[ÕÒPÒQÎ[HZXÚÜÙH¿YHXÚÝÈÜÙ[X[Y[Ý[Ù[[Z]ÈXÚÝ[Ý[ÛY  ÌÌÎÉÌÌÎÉÌÌÎÂÓ[YHÔSTÙ[Ý[ÌÍÜÜ[[Ý[Ù[[YHH ][ÝÓTÔÔS    ÌÍÐQST×ÔÔSÑTT][ÝÂÓ[YH][[ËQ]ZH
[HÜX[[XÚ9BÌÍÙ[YHH  ][ÝÐQSTËY][ÝÂÓ[YH][[ËSÙÙ]ZH
[HÜX[[XÚ9BÌÍÙÙÛ[YHH  ][ÝÐQST×ÛÙË][ÝÂÑ]KUZXÚÈÈÔSTÙÂÌÍÙÜ[ÙH    ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÙÜ[[YIÌLÓZXÜÜÛÙÔSÙÌLÓTÔÔSIÌLÓTÔÔS    ÌLÑ]I][ÝÂÐXÚÝUZXÚÈ¿YH][[ËQ]ZY[ÌÍÙXÚÝH   ][ÝÑÌLÐXÚÝ    ÌLÑ][[É][ÝÂÕZXÚÈ[ZÝÛØÚ[ZÝBÌÍÙXZÝHH ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÙÜ[[YIÌLÒRÒÔ]X[]ÈÛX    ÌLÑ[ZÝÛØÚHZÝI][ÝÂÕZXÚÈ¿XÚÝ[ZÝÛØÚ[ZÝBÌÍÙXÚÝXZÝHH   ][ÝÑÌLÐXÚÝ    ÌLÑ]ZY[][ÝÂÕZXÚÈ¿YHÙÙ]ZBÌÍÙÙÙ[HH ][ÝÑÌLÐXÚÝ    ][ÝÂÓ[YHÙÙ]ZBÌÍÛÙÙ[[[YHH  ][ÝÓÙÙ[K    ][Ý

My problem is that the script runs great under Windows XP but not under Windows Vista or Windows Server 2003.

The SQL-Service is beeing ended and restartet but the commands for filecopy and dircopy doesn't work.

I also tried to put the declaration of the variables into the script itself and this works but I need them in a separate file.

Any ideas where to find the problem?

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by Jass

I don't know why but my code i unreadable, so here one more time the full code:

backup.au3:

;Includes for functions _RunDOS and _Now()
#include <process.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include "Variables.txt"
#RequireAdmin

;BallonTip backup start
TrayTip("Backup aktiv","ADAMS Backup startet, Datenbank und elektronische Akte werden gesichert.",5,2)

;Shutdown SQL-Server, copy database files and restart SQL-Server
_RunDOS("net stop " & $sqlinstancename)
FileCopy($dirsqlserver & "\" & $dbname, $dirbackupdb & "\" & $dbname, 1)
FileCopy($dirsqlserver & "\" & $dblogname, $dirbackupdb & "\" & $dblogname, 1)
_RunDOS("net start " & $sqlinstancename)

;Copy files of "Elekotronische Akte"
DirCopy($direakte, $dirbackupeakte, 1)

;If not exists, create logfile and insert outcome
$file = FileOpen($dirlogfile & "\" & $logfilename, 1)
FileWrite($file, _Now() & ": ADAMS Backup erfolgreich erstellt. " & "Datenbank gesichert nach: " & $dirbackupdb & " ; Dateien elektronische Akte gesichert nach: " & $dirbackupeakte & @CRLF)
FileClose($file)

;BallonTip backup end
TrayTip("Backup beendet","ADAMS Backup erfolgreich beendet, Logfile aktualisiert.",5,1)
Sleep(5000)oÝ÷ Ø Ý¶­{_Wj¸nW¬·ZºÚ"µÍÐ]HÜÙ[ÚYHYÙH]ZH[ZHY?ÜÙH[ÕÒPÒQÎ[HZXÚÜÙH¿YHXÚÝÈÜÙ[X[Y[Ý[Ù[[Z]ÈXÚÝ[Ý[ÛY ÌÌÎÉÌÌÎÉÌÌÎÂÓ[YHÔSTÙ[Ý[ÌÍÜÜ[[Ý[Ù[[YHH ][ÝÓTÔÔS    ÌÍÐQST×ÔÔSÑTT][ÝÂÓ[YH][[ËQ]ZH
[HÜX[[XÚ9BÌÍÙ[YHH  ][ÝÐQSTËY][ÝÂÓ[YH][[ËSÙÙ]ZH
[HÜX[[XÚ9BÌÍÙÙÛ[YHH  ][ÝÐQST×ÛÙË][ÝÂÑ]KUZXÚÈÈÔSTÙÂÌÍÙÜ[ÙH    ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÙÜ[[YIÌLÓZXÜÜÛÙÔSÙÌLÓTÔÔSIÌLÓTÔÔS    ÌLÑ]I][ÝÂÐXÚÝUZXÚÈ¿YH][[ËQ]ZY[ÌÍÙXÚÝH   ][ÝÑÌLÐXÚÝ    ÌLÑ][[É][ÝÂÕZXÚÈ[ZÝÛØÚ[ZÝBÌÍÙXZÝHH ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÙÜ[[YIÌLÒRÒÔ]X[]ÈÛX    ÌLÑ[ZÝÛØÚHZÝI][ÝÂÕZXÚÈ¿XÚÝ[ZÝÛØÚ[ZÝBÌÍÙXÚÝXZÝHH   ][ÝÑÌLÐXÚÝ    ÌLÑ]ZY[][ÝÂÕZXÚÈ¿YHÙÙ]ZBÌÍÙÙÙ[HH ][ÝÑÌLÐXÚÝ    ][ÝÂÓ[YHÙÙ]ZBÌÍÛÙÙ[[[YHH  ][ÝÓÙÙ[K    ][Ý

Hi,

maybe you should check your pathnames on the command line (especially for Vista).

As an example: On the command line there are your profiles in the "C:\users" folder. On the german GUI (in the explorer window) you see "C:\Benutzer" instead.

Please check first via CMD-Window if the path is really "C:\Programme" or if it's "C:\program files".

Hi,

maybe you should check your pathnames on the command line (especially for Vista).

As an example: On the command line there are your profiles in the "C:\users" folder. On the german GUI (in the explorer window) you see "C:\Benutzer" instead.

Please check first via CMD-Window if the path is really "C:\Programme" or if it's "C:\program files".

Oh sorry it's my fault I copied the code from my XP script.

On Vista I changed the textfile as you said to "C:\program files" and tested it by inserting the path into the windows explorer, with success.

• 4 weeks later...

Its hard to test your code specifically without setting it up in my environment, but in general, how are you handling UAC in Vista? I could see permissions potentially being a problem. You might also try logging in your script to see exactly where the issue is (or at least consolewrite when coding).