No "alt-key" On Windowsxp Prof?

Guest hamburger1962

Guest hamburger1962

Hi all,

i got a installation with AutoIT 2.60. It will Enter a name in a textfield of a Dialogbox and must send Alt+n to push the _Next Button. But it sends only n so the name in the textfield ends always with "n".

This problem comes on several Installations of that supplier. One other Installation comes with a script. The "send (!n)" command just sends "n" - not "Alt+n".

What happens?

What can i do?

Any suggestion?

Regards

Ralf.....

Are you using BlockInput? There is a bug in Windows XP where the Alt key doesn't work when AutoIt has BlockInput on (This is the case in AutoIt 3, I would assume the same issue ocurrs in AutoIt 2 as well). One of the Microsoft patches caused this issue. You can try disabling BlockInput just before you need to send an Alt keystroke and things might work okay.

Guest hamburger1962

Thanks for fast replay.

There is a mistake - i got ready AUTSetup.exe with installation in it.

No source avail - no support from distributor :-(

I have to fix it without any changes on installation....

Any other work around?

Ralf....

• Administrators

If you have time at the start of the installation to press ctrl-alt-del then that will undo the blockinput.

If you don't have the source then that is pretty much your only option.

Guest hamburger1962

....thats why i love the internet.

i checked it - at one installation i found a script where i change "BlockInput on" into "BlockInput off" and at the other installation (compiled into exe) i break the script at first stop of it with ctrl-alt-del, cancel TaskManager and continue Script without BlockInput.

I runs greatfull.

Found a work around i just some hours and can start my job at next day. Thank you all for helping me...

Kinf regards

ralf

from hamburg - germany