Glass CMD for Windows Vista/Seven

komalo

I was posting the source on deviantArt but i thought it should be here since

it is considered as an example script for auto it , i hope any one find it useful :)

credits for the function Real Vista Aero Glass - Two functions, It's the real deal! by JamesBrooks

a screen shot added by JamesBrooks

Posted Image

Download & Reviews : http://komalo.deviantart.com/art/Glass-CMD...Vista-121457868

Current Exe Source :Glass_CMD___Current_Exe__.au3

Update Source : Glass_CMD___Updated__.au3

Edited by komalo
[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]AutoIt Script Examples :[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]_CaptureBehindWindowGlass CMD for Windows Vista/Seven[/size][/font][left][/left][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]Non AutoIt Script programs : Border Skin - Aero Glass On XP[/size][/font]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good job! My cmd backround was white and I wondered why I wasn't able to see the effect :)

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Looks really nice. I don't know how good Vista is about unhooking windows that have been destroyed. I added an autoexit and an icon to it and put it in my startup folder. Very cool.

Func OnAutoItExit()
    If $hGui Then
        ShellHookWindow($hGui, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc  ;==>OnAutoItExit

I just tried it on some other windows and looks like shit but for command prompt looks really interesting. Nice.

That ClearMemory() will not work on win7. Microsoft says that they changed the name and dll from which called function is exported. Maybe like this would be better to do it in AutoIt:

Func ClearMemory()

Local $hProcess = -1

Local $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetCurrentProcess")
    If Not @error Then
        $hProcess = $aCall[0]
    EndIf

$aCall = DllCall("psapi.dll", 'int', 'EmptyWorkingSet', 'hwnd', $hProcess)
    If @error Then
        $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", 'int', 'K32EmptyWorkingSet', 'hwnd', $hProcess)
        If @error Then
            Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
        EndIf
    EndIf

If $aCall[0] Then
        Return SetError(0, 0, 1)
    EndIf

Return SetError(0, 0, 0) ; redundant line

EndFunc

edit: no -> not

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

EmptyWorkingSet still exists in psapi.dll in Windows 7. Use a DLL export viewer to see it. I know some functions moved around in Win7, but I think most of the original DLLs/functions are there and redirect to the new locations.

Edited by wraithdu

Very nice. I'm going to add this to my startup folder since it looks surprisingly good :)

thanks , glad that you liked it

Good job! My cmd backround was white and I wondered why I wasn't able to see the effect :party:

UEZ

change the background to black

Looks really nice. I don't know how good Vista is about unhooking windows that have been destroyed. I added an autoexit and an icon to it and put it in my startup folder. Very cool.

Func OnAutoItExit()
     If $hGui Then
         ShellHookWindow($hGui, 0)
     EndIf
 EndFunc ;==>OnAutoItExit
thanks , i will add that now
[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]AutoIt Script Examples :[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]_CaptureBehindWindowGlass CMD for Windows Vista/Seven[/size][/font][left][/left][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]Non AutoIt Script programs : Border Skin - Aero Glass On XP[/size][/font]

I just tried it on some other windows and looks like shit but for command prompt looks really interesting. Nice.

That ClearMemory() will not work on win7. Microsoft says that they changed the name and dll from which called function is exported. Maybe like this would be better to do it in AutoIt:

Func ClearMemory()

Local $hProcess = -1

Local $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetCurrentProcess")
    If Not @error Then
        $hProcess = $aCall[0]
    EndIf

$aCall = DllCall("psapi.dll", 'int', 'EmptyWorkingSet', 'hwnd', $hProcess)
    If @error Then
        $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", 'int', 'K32EmptyWorkingSet', 'hwnd', $hProcess)
        If @error Then
            Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
        EndIf
    EndIf

If $aCall[0] Then
        Return SetError(0, 0, 1)
    EndIf

Return SetError(0, 0, 0) ; redundant line

EndFunc

edit: no -> not

that's because vista replace the black color with the blur :)

a definate keeper :party: nice job!

EmptyWorkingSet still exists in psapi.dll in Windows 7. Use a DLL export viewer to see it. I know some functions moved around in Win7, but I think most of the original DLLs/functions are there and redirect to the new locations.

yep

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682606(VS.85).aspx

Edited by komalo

not useful, but very nice :party:

Unfortunately I don't have any use for it, as I use the CMD barely.

i know , but there are some people who use cmd and love this :)

i know , but there are some people who use cmd and love this :)

I use a dialog with combo boxes in a couple of my apps to let the user

change the hotkey. After hours messing around with the blur enable

and changing the colors and text colors on button if OS >=Vista I just

about had it working. Unfortunately ComboBoxes don't let you set the

color. After a combo box selection is made you can't read it!! It's a

shame because it looks really cool.

post-31149-1242065571_thumb.jpg

Edited by MilesAhead

this won't work in any way under XP right ? :)

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

this won't work in any way under XP right ? :)

Exactly.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

as soon as you apply glass, the controls on it are like disabled. You can get around this by making a child window with disabled labels that are underlying the controls that shall be usable.

Wouldn't I have to do user drawn combo box? afaik in AutoIt you can't set the color of combo boxes. The buttons looked washed out too but by changing the colors I could at least make them usable.

I'm interested... is new psapi.dll just calling K32EmptyWorkingSet from kernel32 or is there a real function left? Could you check that (see imports maybe)? I don't have Windows 7.

One more thing. If you write some code (e.g. c++) with EmptyWorkingSet and follow instructions given by Microsoft on that link that komalo is "yep"-ing, what funtion gets called?

edit:

@komalo, hope you don't mind me being a bit off-topic now. it's just interesting to see the differences with systems.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I used VistaGlass.au3. Looks almost as cool.

post-31149-1242072830_thumb.jpg

Link Please :)

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org