Hooking DirectX to a game

Hi guys,

I'm into game graphics modding and I'm wanting to change some textures, like the colour of the textures. Unfortunatly there's one game where I can't access the textures of it simply by going through the game directory, I need to hook the DirectX and edit them from there. Does anyone know how to hook DirectX to a game?

It's not possible to hook the DirectX api's using only autoit. You'll need to inject code into the process. Search for api hooking on google, but this is not trivial, it will require that you understand how both windows works on a lower level and how to program DirectX.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

It's not possible to hook the DirectX api's using only autoit. You'll need to inject code into the process. Search for api hooking on google, but this is not trivial, it will require that you understand how both windows works on a lower level and how to program DirectX.

Ah damn it, so I have to go and spend 2 years learning another programming language, f that.

Sorry.. I'm not mad at you or AutoIt.. I'm mad at the people who make games and don't give atleast a little bit of freedom to us game modders, y'know? It's really frustrating.

Anyway, thanks for the info.