[solved - kind of!] ClipBoard File Reading, Help Please

hi guys, back again with another thing. Looking for a function to retrieve files from clipbaord . say explorer has a file copied on to clipboard and if there is a way i can paste this file to "C:\TmpFiles" automatically ? my purpose is something else but this is my requirement here.

i have searched a bit through the forums but couldnt find anything thats inbuilt in AutoIT, i repeat i am not looking for retrieving just text information from clipboard. it is one or more files that is in clipboard.

typical example to make one understand my request: i browse through a folder in network, i have a few files to be copied. i would just select those file(s), then come to my c:\tmpfiles folder and right click with explorer, paste it.

Does autoit have any inbuilt functions to retrieve file(s) from clipboard? if not i will have to break my brains (of course post back here with all requirements!) with API calls.

Edited by rajeshontheweb

been too idiotic, just browsed through help file, and it says the file / folder name(s) are listed as text seperated by @LF. so this would solve my requirements but i was actually looking for an api implementation of EnumClipboardFormats Windows API Function..

typically, i was wondering about a situaiton where clipboard might have some text info along with files , .. anyways i will start with the current stuff in hand, and if i encounter the actual situation i am worried about, i will come back here.

PS: would be very much interested to see someone help me out in implementing all clipboard related funcitons . probably it would be a great task for some devs / senior coders we could get an UDF developed with all ClipBoard related WinAPI Methods and it would make AutoIT capable of full fledged - clipboard editing.... {not a task i am assiging to anyone, but a feature request probably?}

Edited by rajeshontheweb