Volume Control is amplification possible ?

i've searched through the forums (a bit) and the internet, couldnt find much. but VLC has the ability to amplify system volume a bit (it claims 400% but as i need it, it is louder than default max volume anyways)

volume up or wav volume would take it to the max volume prescribed by the system spec , can i go higher at all? there must be some way or the other because i have seen winamp being able to amplify it a bit louder than normal media players at a given wav / system volume levels and so does vlc , so do we get it in autoit , even api calls, etc will do for me.

i've searched through the forums (a bit) and the internet, couldnt find much. but VLC has the ability to amplify system volume a bit (it claims 400% but as i need it, it is louder than default max volume anyways)

volume up or wav volume would take it to the max volume prescribed by the system spec , can i go higher at all? there must be some way or the other because i have seen winamp being able to amplify it a bit louder than normal media players at a given wav / system volume levels and so does vlc , so do we get it in autoit , even api calls, etc will do for me.

May I ask why you want to push your hardware to possible damage?

no no, i aint try to push it too hard, as i have seen VLC could do it safely to some limit, just wondering is there any way to safely extend the upper limit little more.

because, it is a fact that in windows most stuff is not revealed to a normal user and dig deep into it, there is a lot of things exposed which can be used safely (to some extent it will be safe!) to overcome the default limits and locks..

In looking at audio.au3, you have the following 2 functions that deal with sound volume:

func _SoundSetMasterWaveVolume($iVolume)

_SetMixerVolume($MIXERLINE_COMPONENTTYPE_SRC_WAVEOUT, $iVolume)

If @error Then

Exit

else

SetExtended(1)

Return(@extended)

endif

EndFunc

Func _SetMixerVolume($MixerDevice, $percent)

;default mixer is always 0 (so far) which is last audio device installed or prefered deviced selected by user

SetExtended(10)

$curmixer = 0

Const $MM_MIXM_CONTROL_CHANGE = 0x3D1

Const $CALLBACK_WINDOW = 0x10000

OpenAllMixers($mixers)

If @error Then Exit

$hmxobj = MixerOpen($curmixer, 0, $MM_MIXM_CONTROL_CHANGE, BitOR($CALLBACK_WINDOW, $MIXER_OBJECTF_MIXER))

GetMXWaveoutID($mixers, $curmixer, $MixerDevice)

_SetVolume($mixers, $curmixer, $percent)

MixerClose($hmxobj)

CloseAllMixers($mixers)

SetExtended(1)

Return(@extended)

EndFunc ;==>_SetMixerVolume

Now, you will need Audio.au3, but you may be able to set the $percent to above 100% to see if you can get what you want. I have no idea if it will work though.

hmm, thanks will give it a try, anyways i aint try something windows cant do and kill the hardware due to overload, but its just two things, i was wondering if vlc could do it safe enough, why not autoit? and two, my home pc's volume is normally ok but sometimes when i do a voice chat, the volume is a little low sometimes and i cant hear it well so i wanted to see if i could increase my pc volume just a bit up not too much.