Excel Trigger

I have an application that produces a CSV file filled with Data each hour 24/7. I need Excel (2007) to automatically import this data into a spreadsheet and process the data as soon as the csv file is produced by the application. Is there a way for excel to "listen" for when the csv file is created and then do the import using Autoit or any other way?? TIA Darc

I have an application that produces a CSV file filled with Data each hour 24/7. I need Excel (2007) to automatically import this data into a spreadsheet and process the data as soon as the csv file is produced by the application. Is there a way for excel to "listen" for when the csv file is created and then do the import using Autoit or any other way?? TIA Darc

Check the directory contents in a loop with FileExists(), FileFindFirstFile()/FileFindNextFile() or _FileListToArray() until you find what you're waiting for.

What have you tried already?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Check the directory contents in a loop with FileExists(), FileFindFirstFile()/FileFindNextFile() or _FileListToArray() until you find what you're waiting for.

What have you tried already?

:)

Nothing yet, just finding out the possibilities. Thanks for the advice I'll look into this