AutoIT application problem

Hi to all...

i have a question regarding a problem i have with my AutoIT application called Debugchooser

Let me explain quick to you: The Debugchooser allows to choose between multiple Debugger Applications if a program crashes or over the right-click option in the process list of the task manager.

Responsible there for is the registry key: Debugger in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

If the application crashes Windows tries to call this app wich set to the key. Here i set my Debugchooser: "C:\Program Files 32\debugchooser\dbgchoose.exe" -p %ld -e %ld

By the way i'm workin on a 64-Bit System.

By default it is configured that the debugchooser works with a timeout. If the timeout is reached it starts the default application, what is the app shown in the drop-down box. And I also working with GUI Components

to realize all that.

Now to my problem: Sometimes, if an application or process crashes, what is not running with a desktop environment (e.g. background process, wich only runs in it's user context). It happens that the following

event in the system event log appears: Application popup: dbgchoose.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

That means to me, that my debugchooser will not start and parse trough the crashed process to the sub debugger application.

Has somebody any idea what could cause this, or whats wrong with my app? Because i haven't :-|

Is it required for an AutoIT app that there is a GUI available for the app?

kind regards

Roland

Sometimes, if an application or process crashes, what is not running with a desktop environment

Is there any pattern or predictability to this 'sometimes'. Does it only happen to a certain application? only on the Nth time? only on Monday?

You're description roughly indicates what's going on, but there's a lack of detail that makes it hard to help...

No code is posted, nor an example of how to assuredly reproduce the problem.

Is there any pattern or predictability to this 'sometimes'...

Hi,

no there isn't any predictability if this happens, because i don't know if an application crashes :-)

It also didn't happen with specific programs, or on a certain weekday. It happens sporadic, or

i assume it happens in the case, if no desktop is available.

For example:

I have a background process with runs with a specific user account (=has no desktop) Then the

program crashes unexpected. Windows detects this looks in the "Debugger" key in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug]

what program must be started to debug the application. Here my debugchooser starts.

Windows calls the debugchooser with the related arguments ("C:\Program Files 32\debugchooser\dbgchoose.exe" -p %ld -e %ld)

And my debugchooser passes everything trough, to the debugger application to attach on the crashing process.

That's what what my app does.

I will post the working app and my code too...