control my pc from my Blackberry

I want to make a script so i can send commands from my Blackberry via Email to my laptop for example: /shutdown(10) would tell my script on my computer to Shutdown in 10 minutes.

If sending emails the best way to do it?

if it is, how would i read Subject of emails out of "Windows Live Mail"

Thanks

In researching your question, you may be better off making a secure web page with pick list on it. When you want to do something on your PC, access the web page from your blackberry. Change the pick list, then save your changes. Have your PC monitor the web page and when you make a change to the page, the PC will see it.

In researching your question, you may be better off making a secure web page with pick list on it. When you want to do something on your PC, access the web page from your blackberry. Change the pick list, then save your changes. Have your PC monitor the web page and when you make a change to the page, the PC will see it.

urm... Seem a little to complicated.

I was hoping to be able to send very simple command like /screenshot

So my PC replys to the email with a screenshot of what my pc is doing.

so.. you want to make an emailer\sms that sends the screenshot of your desktop...

or

an emailer\sms to send the data of which programs are running... when ect... a monitoring system...

or is it something else entirely?

so.. you want to make an emailer\sms that sends the screenshot of your desktop...

or

an emailer\sms to send the data of which programs are running... when ect... a monitoring system...

or is it something else entirely?

I was think of making a script to check my email, and if it sees an email from my Blackberry it would reasy the Subject which would have the command in it.

A few example of commands:

/Shutdown[Time in mins] ; shutdown my pc

/screenshot ;take a screenshot and send it via email

/ping - just a simple email back to check its working

/Run [specified program]

hope that helps

remote computing is a dangerous thing...

try some IE funtions

or Inetgetsource() and string functions to get the subject.... OR if your using MSoutlook then there are a few UDF's on these forums about it

remote computing is a dangerous thing...

try some IE funtions

or Inetgetsource() and string functions to get the subject.... OR if your using MSoutlook then there are a few UDF's on these forums about it

Im using Windows Live Mail, the downloaded version

Very interesting project I was think about something like that but never got to it because I don't have a small devise with reliable Wi-Fi.

Install any simple HTTP server (i'd recommended NetworkActive WebServer 3.5)

Putt the pass

Set AutoIt as CGI with astention like .au3

Write AutoIt script to ConsoleWrite HTML page and put in server folder.

(here you can be creative)

When au3 is running make it take a screenshot every so often with build in commands and store it in a something like "screen.jpg"

Refresh that picture in a page with Javascript or if lazy do HTML refresh delay.

The rest is open water with AutoIt as a float... anything you want.

Just type the address of the page.

I'll get to that project when I have a small device and Wi-Fi :) Its should be fun and quite rewarding.

Extra ideas: you can also create a separate page that refreshes web cam jpg that is constantly being updated.

Edited by dexto

Very interesting project I was think about something like that but never got to it because I don't have a small devise with reliable Wi-Fi.

Install any simple HTTP server (i'd recommended NetworkActive WebServer 3.5)

Putt the pass

Set AutoIt as CGI with astention like .au3

Write AutoIt script to ConsoleWrite HTML page and put in server folder. (here you can be creative)

Just type the address of the page.

I'll get to that project when I have a small device and Wi-Fi :)

Im sorry i dont quite understand

You would have to have some knowledge of HTML and idea about CGI.

I would start reading about Autoit as CGI. That is the major part of what your trying to do if you want to use web page to control your computer.