Is it possible to use an AutoIt to do this?!

So like i want to make a Gui that when it loads it opens two programs inside of the GUI. The two programs act exactly like they normally act, but if someone closes the GUI then the two programs are closed first. Also if someone closes a program inside of the GUI then the whole GUI will close. This way it makes sure that both programs are running all the time?

do you mean the GUI is like a multi-tabbed browser and has child windows that can't leave it?

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

do you mean the GUI is like a multi-tabbed browser and has child windows that can't leave it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the two programs i'm speaking of are a server and a localserver. They are independent of Autoit.

But I hate opening them both, like I always have to open the Server then the Local Server, then lastly the client. I'd rather have them all open in One place instead (inside the GUI).

So basically the GUI would be the width and height of the Client. It would load the Local Server and Main server in the background of the GUI at the same layer level. Then once those two are open it would load the Client on Top of them (hideing the local server and mainserver in the background of the GUI while the Client would be on top. So then all 3 are basically in the same place.

If any of the three are closed then the GUI would tell the user that all 3 must be closed.

That tab idea is pretty good to, like each of the three programs are displayed in a tab in the GUI. But the key thing is the programs inside the tabs are independent of the GUI the GUI would just be a placeholder. The Gui though would monitor to make sure that all the things inside of it are still open since they all depend on each other.

If thise was possible it would be kind of cool maybe then it would be possible to make a generic GUi that you can Snap in EXes to tabs by dragging EXes into the GUI window.

Edited by Falling

you probably need a DLL call to do it.

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]